cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.Skill Trident X F3-2400C10Q-32GTX 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3

TheMechWarrior
Level 7
Can anyone tell me if this memory is compatible with the ASUS Maximus VI Formula motherboard?

Cheers,

George.
21 REPLIES 21

Classic_GOD
Level 10
I have F3-2400C10D-16GTX set (basically half of your set, 2 of the same 8GB modules) in my M6 Impact and they work perfectly (including XMP profiles)

Awesome, thanks 🙂

TheMechWarrior
Level 7
I've now installed the system and it boots to Q-Code 55.

Did the memcode OK and got it to post and set the DRAM to 2400.
Software installed and on restart I got Q-Code 55 again.

MemOK not working this time.

Removed memory.

System posts with 1 ram module in either bay,
System posts with a pair of RAM in either the red or black banks.

As soon as I put the last chip in to the slot nearest the CPU I once again got Q-Code 55 with all 32GB installed.

Eventually got it to post and the message came up: "Overclocking failed" hit Del or F2 to enter BIOS

I managed to get the system up and running twice yesterday and it would lock up and on restart I would get the overclocking failed message as it would only read the memory at 1333MHz each time after failure.

I tried changing the voltage from AUTO to 1.65v (@2400MHz) and once again I managed to get it to run and once again it locked up some hours later and on restart I had the same issue with Q-Code 55. I could not restart it no matter what, or access the BIOS.

Extreme Tweaker in the bios is showing 2400MHz @1.65v...but in the MAIN window of the BIOS 32,768MB DDR @ 1333MHz

This morning I decided to turn it on out of interest and it posted to the "Overclocking Failed" message and allowed me in to the BIOS at which point I dropped the MEM voltage to 1.6V.

I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone got anything else for me to try?
Is this a quad channel controller issue?

BIOS info: 1002 x64
BIOS version: 10/30/2013
CPU = i-7 4770k
Memory = G.Skill Trident X F3-2400C10Q-32GTX 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3
HDD = SSD Samsung Pro 840 (512GB)
GPU = EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked
Case = Corsair 900D

Classic_GOD
Level 10
Try reseating your CPU and swapping ram sticks around less than perfect contact on any of the pins can cause problems like this. Try to determine it it's not one of the sticks.

Are you overclocking your CPU? If so you should be aware that depending on the chip overclocked Haswell may have problems keeping the ram frequency up. Also if I recall concretely even when not overclocked Intel guaranties only 1600 memory support and while they said that most Haswell chips should be able to go to 1866 and up out of the box they do not guarantee it.

You can try experimenting with VCCSA, IO A and IO D voltages. Try experimenting with different XMP profiles.

TheMechWarrior
Level 7
Thanks GOD,

I've tested each chip to the extent of running 1 chip in each module, each chip passed in each module. The problem cam about when all 4 chips are installed.

I'm not overclocking the CPU or anything else, this is a fresh build so just trying to get all my software installed.

Tonight I'll tinker a little more before removing the CPU and inspecting for bent pins.

GOD can you please elaborate on this for me" You can try experimenting with VCCSA, IO A and IO D voltages. Try experimenting with different XMP profiles." Too many abbreviations for me 😛

TheMechWarrior wrote:
Thanks GOD,

I've tested each chip to the extent of running 1 chip in each module, each chip passed in each module. The problem cam about when all 4 chips are installed.

I'm not overclocking the CPU or anything else, this is a fresh build so just trying to get all my software installed.

Tonight I'll tinker a little more before removing the CPU and inspecting for bent pins.

GOD can you please elaborate on this for me" You can try experimenting with VCCSA, IO A and IO D voltages. Try experimenting with different XMP profiles." Too many abbreviations for me 😛
The modules of memory contain the frequency and timing information in form of XMP profiles. The firs thing you should try (if you haven;t already) is to set your 'Ai Overclock Tuner' setting to X.M.P and then selecting Profile 1 - this will set a frequency, voltage and timings for your ram.

If that fails try playing with voltages mentioned above ( VCCSA, IO A and IO D)
VCCSA stands for System Agent Voltage
'IO A' stands for Input/Output Analog voltage and 'IO D' stands for Input/Output Digital Voltage 😉 for more information please refer to: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33488-Maximus-VI-Series-UEFI-Guide-for-Overclocking

For memory setup please refer to: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?27272-Memory-Setup-Guide-For-Maximus-V-Motherboards.&countr...

Sorry for sending you to read tutorials but Its 2:00AM where I live and i have to go to sleep 😄

meankeys
Level 13
When installing new or different ram you should always clear the cmos (bios) and setup your timings from there.

TheMechWarrior
Level 7
Thanks lads,

@meankeys - this is a completely new build, I would not have expected the need to clear the CMOS prior to installing the mobo?

Appreciate the help and the extra reading.

I'll take out the battery to clear the cmos before I remove the CPU, 2 jobs at the end of my list of things to do tonight.

My brother-in-law purchased the identical system and he's not had an issue 😞