cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75 USB wifi adapter

iceballfunela
Level 8
Hello, I am having problems with my G75's wifi and I checked online and saw that the wifi adapter that ships with the G75( Atheros AR9845 I think) really sucks, so I am going to get a USB WiFi adapter for my G75 and I'm wondering how to disable the Atheros in my G75. Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

UnAimed
Level 9
iceballfunela wrote:
Hello, I am having problems with my G75's wifi and I checked online and saw that the wifi adapter that ships with the G75( Atheros AR9845 I think) really sucks, so I am going to get a USB WiFi adapter for my G75 and I'm wondering how to disable the Atheros in my G75. Thanks in advance.

It's very easy to disable the network card. I'm guessing your using windows 7? Either there is not much difference in the procedure.

Go to control panel > Click Network and Internet > Click Network and Sharing center > At the far right click "Change Adapter Settings" > Right click Wifi card and choose Disable.

That's it. Let me know how it works out for you

iceballfunela
Level 8
I changed my mind and wanted to replace the wifi card itself because it's better and I tried to open my G75 and to my surprise, the wifi card is stuck inside and I can't access it. Great job asus.. Great job.

its not that hard here is a video that shows you how to dissemble it seems the bigfoot killer N seems to be the fastest one to put in. Search this forum several members have changed their WiFi Cards
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

UnAimed
Level 9
You will void your warranty if you disassemble the laptop though

iceballfunela
Level 8
True, and I don't want to take the chance of breaking my computer.. I guess I'll have to live with the WiFi adapter sticking out of my G75 then..

I don't understand your problems? While we may not have the very best Wi-Fi card, they are not that bad. I mean my Internet connection is 35 down and 3 up, My Wi-Fi runs at 64. I don't have any lags or disconnects. If for some reason I want to transfer a lot of data I just connect to my hardwired LAN. A lot of the issues that have come up relate back to the Router set ups.
I wouldn't think any USB wireless would be any better than what we have?

If your having issues you might want to try installing the latest drivers for it. Download from Asus Support
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Pitcher1
Level 9
i suggest you reinstall newly wifi driver, if you still feel bad, you desable wifi card in derivce manager, or @Unaimed way, add new USB wifi card which you feel good, it will not void warranty if you want to dismantel laptop to replace wifi card by youself, but i know some people have do it.