cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gene IV and new bios problem

Vinsent10
Level 7
Hi all...

Asus Rampage gene IV and new bios 4601,RaidR Express not detected in uefi mode.

Asus Ramapage gene IV and old bios 4403,detected and no problem.
12 REPLIES 12

Vinsent10
Level 7
News for me??? THX...

HiVizMan
Level 40
Sorry not sure how this thread was missed, might have been while I was doing a Expo. I will pass on this information to the RAIDR team.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Nodens
Level 16
Not sure this is related to RAIDR alone. Looks like the latest Rampage UEFI versions got a few issues with UEFI drivers from PCIe cards in general. For example, I have 2 controllers here that their UEFI driver throws an error when you navigate the driver's menus in Setup. Can reproduce it on 4503 but not on 4206.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

X-ROG
Level 15
Our RD is looking into it.

X-ROG
Level 15
There will be a new firmware for both RAIDR and GENE soon. When available use the RAIDR firmware update tool to update to 1050 firmware and use GENE firmware 4701.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
There will be a new firmware for both RAIDR and GENE soon. When available use the RAIDR firmware update tool to update to 1050 firmware and use GENE firmware 4701.

Thank you very much...You are an amazing team...:cool:

Nodens
Level 16
Not sure if it's unrelated to the RAIDR but 4701 still gives me "Invalid Input Range" errors when I navigate a card's (LSI controllers) UEFI driver in Setup.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:
Not sure if it's unrelated to the RAIDR but 4701 still gives me "Invalid Input Range" errors when I navigate a card's (LSI controllers) UEFI driver in Setup.

Hi Nodens...

Where can I find the 4701 for my gene? THX...

Nodens
Level 16
It's not out for Gene yet. Once it is you'll find it here: http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=RAMPAGE%20IV%20GENE&p=1&s=42&os=41&hashedid=iGj...

RealBench Developer.