cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750 Gaming laptop fan

cheito3
Level 7
Hello, i recently bought a g750JW and from what i remember from researching on the internet before buying it is that it has 2 fans and that is why it has two holes in the back of the laptop. today i had a lot of windows open, and i was rendering a video, so it started to blow a little bit harder, but i noticed it was coming out only through the left hole, is this normal or do i have a defective right-side fan?
4 REPLIES 4

quack
Level 7
On the G750 one fan is for CPU and one fan for GPU

br1nsane
Level 7
I've got the same "issue/doubt". Mine is a G750JH, and it's blowing only thru the left vent too. I've got the machine just yesterday, had like total of 6 hours of use (work,family,etc...) But really seems odd having 2 vents, 2 fans, and yet it just blows thru the left one.

Can someone shed some light on this?

the left one is the GPU cooler system. You have not stressed you CPU hard enough to make it's cooler start.
Run Prime95 for a while and you will see your right cooler start.

l2apsux
Level 7
since like no one knew what they were talking about here beyond the heatsinks and fans being independant... start a stress test. if both fans dont EVENTUALLY turn on, you need an rma, download tech powerup gpus (they even have an rog skin one =] )then click your sensors tab when you launch a hefty game (blops 2 or any old game really except armagetron or similarly "low resource" games ) i had a thermal issue and the sensors WILL tell you if this is going on and furthermore the field to pay attention to is PERFCAP REASON, ("Util" the gpu hasnt been drawn from and thus isnt engaged which is common, Thermal, means eather fan, gpu, or mobo failure. they pretty much rebuilt mine once i PROVED something was actually wrong. but theres almost nothing anyone can really do or tell you without redouts or screenies. but if you launch any program that will bring your gpu to its highest state (3d mark, msi kombustor blah blah) both fans SHOULD be engaged. youre right. (from my experience)