cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750jw Power Jack Quality

Thaddeus
Level 7
Hello,

I am a current owner of the G53jw. The power jack pin has broken for a SECOND time on my rig and I don't understand how it could break again when I keep my laptop stationary always. Anyways I do not want to spend another 150$ for a replacement that will just break again in a couple months. So I am looking at purchasing the newer G750jw but am very hesitant because of the poor build quality I have experienced on the G53jw. Does anyone know if the build quality is different on the newer versions? I would be quite dumbfounded if they haven't fixed this issue yet which has caused so much hassle and disappointment for so many customers. I may just go with the msi GE70 if the build on the asus g series power jack is still extremely cheap quality.
5 REPLIES 5

Randomname
Level 8
Sorry to hear about the power jack pin issue :S

I own a G750JH, so the build quality should be very similar to a G750JW and since my friend owns a GE70, I am able to give you estimate between the quality of the build of the two, and in my opinion, the G750JH is a lot better, the way it feels in my hand, the way it looks on a table and so forth 🙂

I know I didn't give a good answer, but as long as the power pin goes, it's thick as hell on mine 🙂
ASUS G750JH-T4086D
CPU: Intel Quad Core I7-4700HQ@ 2.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M
RAM: 16GB
Memory: 1TB + 250GB SSD (Samsung 840 EVO 250GB)
Display: Anti-Glare (yup, I'm bragging about it :P)

Great, thank you! Sounds like they fixed the issue, before it was this cheap little pin that broke off when it got too hot or something.

Pitcher1
Level 9
i have hear G53 powe pin broke, but i have not hear G750 power pin broke, don't worry abou it.

I have a G750jw and i constantly plug it in and unplug it as i carry it on short trips with me when you plug it in its a very tight connection and it is even a little hard to unplug it seems to be a very good build quality.

MrRuckus
Level 10
I had a G53 & a G74, so I know of the power plug issues you speak of. I bought that "L" connector that a lot of people recommended for both my G53 and G74.. it helped a lot to reduce strain on the plug.

But back on topic about the G750, it is different and much better imo. The plug is larger and has a large body on the outside of the male portion, so the strain is not put on the pin, but on the housing and the case since they both are flush with one another. A LOT better design then the previous plugs. I haven't heard of any being broken on the G75/G750, so I would say you will be safe. Much improved imo.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72