cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd issue.. cannot seem to resolve....

Malakie
Level 7
I installed the Face Logon software on my 750jx unit. I have been running it without problems on my G75vx unit so I figured I would add it to the 750 as well..

It worked the first few boots. And on boot up it currently still works with one exception.. Now the webcam 'light' looks like it is burned out or at about 1/8 power in brightness suddenly.

Like I said, it was working perfectly... I have tried to change all settings in the Face Logon software, the life frame software etc.. I have also UNINSTALLED both now and the problem is still here when I test it via other means.

Any ideas on this one or did the system suddenly burn out the webcam's light/flash?
Take it light....

Malakie

2 REPLIES 2

hmscott
Level 12
Malakie wrote:
I installed the Face Logon software on my 750jx unit. I have been running it without problems on my G75vx unit so I figured I would add it to the 750 as well..

It worked the first few boots. And on boot up it currently still works with one exception.. Now the webcam 'light' looks like it is burned out or at about 1/8 power in brightness suddenly.

Like I said, it was working perfectly... I have tried to change all settings in the Face Logon software, the life frame software etc.. I have also UNINSTALLED both now and the problem is still here when I test it via other means.

Any ideas on this one or did the system suddenly burn out the webcam's light/flash?

It's doubtful it is "burned out", likely it is dimmed due the ambient light changing. Is it lighter or darker in the room when you are using it now? Try getting more or less light in the room and see if the light brightens/dims based on the ambient light.

Maxter
Level 9
The light is LED (no burn, actually it'll burn after 20 or so years).