cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG is not always what it looks

Aurvangir
Level 7
I am a regular user of computer products, I am also engaged as a consultant in computer issues because of my knowledge of computers, I often get request to recommend different products for people and businesses, sometimes I do reviews.

A few weeks ago I bought a computer for my son, which he wanted as a birthday present.
The Computer brand that he had chosen was ASUS the ROG G750JW.

I went away in good time to buy this desired Computer for my son , when I came home I would fix all the Installations with it so that all applications, and all of his games would work fine for him , but soon it turned out that there were major problems with this computer , so I called the Swedish ASUS support.

I told him what was wrong with the computer, he would contact me later, with a solution to the problem by email later, I am still waiting !

The second contact with support , began to yawn in the phone, I became irritated and hung up .

I called a third time, and this time they did not even know , what kind of software that was in the computer.

I got bored with ASUS Support in Sweden , and called Inet AB in Gothenburg, where I bought the computer , and said I wanted to change the computer, to another one that worked instead!

This was no problem, for INET Ltd in Gothenburg Sweden, they wanted to see what was wrong with the computer before I get a new one.

This took a day , the next day I got a call, that the computer was defective , and they will replace it for a new one.

I went and picked it up at the store, went home and fix all off the installations on it, when it turned out that it was the same error on this machine too !!!

I tried to contact the ASUS support for help with the problem , but it did not work, the Swedish suporten is not involved in their clients' problems , and even worse is that when you google and see that ASUS Sweden wants to sue a customer who complained about the support and products .

http://pcforalla.idg.se/2.1054/1.107288

This together becomes too much, what can I as a customer feel when it gets like this, and you're completely vulnerable , without support or help when problems arise.

I do not know if this gets read by the right person, and one that cares about its brand and its reputation, but I've never felt so left out as a customer and user of ASUS products, as this time ever, with any other computer manufacturers, and I have over 25 years experience.

Sure, it can happen to everyone sometimes that it can go wrong, and that's sometimes, both good and bad, and often you learn of the errors, if you listen close enough.

And you learn and develop new skills, for everyone's best interests.

But this example of nonchalance and disinterest from a support, is scarry, and maybe you should not have any new customers of ASUS products,

For it scares me, and makes me not to use ASUS products in the future, and I'm not going to recommend ASUS to anyone else either.

What happened to my son, and his desire for a new computer from ASUS, yes dad had to buy a different brand, for his sons birthday, and I looked at him, and watched as he opened the gift, how he tried to keep his disappointment away, because he wanted an ASUS gaming computer.

but I could not give him a bad product that did not work.

Perhaps you should take a look at the ASUS ROG G750JW and perhaps you should not sell it on the market, because of its intstabila in quality, and other defects.

And I think it would probably be a good idea to contact the Swedish support, to start building up the ASUS brand again, so customers can feel secure with their purchase, and not feel the threat of being sued by a large computer company, as soon as you have a complaint about a product .

I remember when buying a mercedes benz, for many years ago, after several months the seller could call you, and talk to you, ask you if you felt comfortable with your new car, and if everything worked to the satisfaction?
For him it was important if you would recommend the car brand, and that you would buy the latest model, the next time you buy a new car.
34 REPLIES 34

Shawnnepc
Level 13
..You never actually stated what your issue was.

Aurvangir wrote:
I am a regular user of computer products, I am also engaged as a consultant in computer issues because of my knowledge of computers, I often get request to recommend different products for people and businesses, sometimes I do reviews.

A few weeks ago I bought a computer for my son, which he wanted as a birthday present.
The Computer brand that he had chosen was ASUS the ROG G750JW.

I went away in good time to buy this desired Computer for my son , when I came home I would fix all the Installations with it so that all applications, and all of his games would work fine for him , but soon it turned out that there were major problems with this computer , so I called the Swedish ASUS support.

I told him what was wrong with the computer, he would contact me later, with a solution to the problem by email later, I am still waiting !

The second contact with support , began to yawn in the phone, I became irritated and hung up .

I called a third time, and this time they did not even know , what kind of software that was in the computer.

I got bored with ASUS Support in Sweden , and called Inet AB in Gothenburg, where I bought the computer , and said I wanted to change the computer, to another one that worked instead!

This was no problem, for INET Ltd in Gothenburg Sweden, they wanted to see what was wrong with the computer before I get a new one.

This took a day , the next day I got a call, that the computer was defective , and they will replace it for a new one.

I went and picked it up at the store, went home and fix all off the installations on it, when it turned out that it was the same error on this machine too !!!

I tried to contact the ASUS support for help with the problem , but it did not work, the Swedish suporten is not involved in their clients' problems , and even worse is that when you google and see that ASUS Sweden wants to sue a customer who complained about the support and products .

http://pcforalla.idg.se/2.1054/1.107288

This together becomes too much, what can I as a customer feel when it gets like this, and you're completely vulnerable , without support or help when problems arise.

I do not know if this gets read by the right person, and one that cares about its brand and its reputation, but I've never felt so left out as a customer and user of ASUS products, as this time ever, with any other computer manufacturers, and I have over 25 years experience.

Sure, it can happen to everyone sometimes that it can go wrong, and that's sometimes, both good and bad, and often you learn of the errors, if you listen close enough.

And you learn and develop new skills, for everyone's best interests.

But this example of nonchalance and disinterest from a support, is scarry, and maybe you should not have any new customers of ASUS products,

For it scares me, and makes me not to use ASUS products in the future, and I'm not going to recommend ASUS to anyone else either.

What happened to my son, and his desire for a new computer from ASUS, yes dad had to buy a different brand, for his sons birthday, and I looked at him, and watched as he opened the gift, how he tried to keep his disappointment away, because he wanted an ASUS gaming computer.

but I could not give him a bad product that did not work.

Perhaps you should take a look at the ASUS ROG G750JW and perhaps you should not sell it on the market, because of its intstabila in quality, and other defects.

And I think it would probably be a good idea to contact the Swedish support, to start building up the ASUS brand again, so customers can feel secure with their purchase, and not feel the threat of being sued by a large computer company, as soon as you have a complaint about a product .

I remember when buying a mercedes benz, for many years ago, after several months the seller could call you, and talk to you, ask you if you felt comfortable with your new car, and if everything worked to the satisfaction?
For him it was important if you would recommend the car brand, and that you would buy the latest model, the next time you buy a new car.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Shawnnepc wrote:

Exactly. What was the defect in these two different laptops [it could happen from same factory run].
'We' have heard nothing of the 'widespread flaw' here on the forum of the 'JW'.
It may have been an easy fix here.

As to the article you link, It is illegal to 'Flame' a company without true provable just cause.
I didn't see it as so much a threat as a warning. Asus was being more than reasonable in
resolving the customers issue.imho. ie ..
"After the article was written , but before it was published , got Bo Bergdahl announcement from Asus that he in return would get a more expensive and better computer ."

Welcome to ROG OP.

villiansv wrote:
His issue was not important - it was his experience with the support team that was bad. You and I may be easily able to fix whatever issue he had, but the average person can't (and shouldn't be expected to). While I love my G750, as I find it a great piece of hardware, I have the safety net of not having to rely on support/RMA for most issues that arise. This however means that when it's time to buy my next laptop, I will in no way prefer Asus over anything else at the time. Bad support and customer relations don't create brand loyalty. In his post, Mercedes was exemplary - it was described as a company he would deal with again.

I have similar experiences with e.g. Logitech mice, whose customer service and warranty has been nothing but stellar, twice now. This means that I do not look at other mice brands when I consider purchasing, because if anything bad were to happen, I am confident it will be resolved quickly and to my liking. Mice brands aren't that different, and frankly neither are gaming laptops. Most use the same components, so it's things like support that set brands apart (for the most part).

To the OP - I hope that your kid enjoys his present. If I were you, I'd explain why exactly you got him that model, and not the one he originally wanted. I'm sure he'll understand that for such an expensive purchase, there are a lot of thinks to consider, rather than just raw specs/what his friends or one online review said.

That's why 'here' is 'here'. Most issues can be resolved easily. I trust jr. would be happier if OP came to
the forum before this, instead of after the fact.
He said he was a veteran experienced user, not a noob, maybe that is why he took it on his shoulders instead
of simply putting it to the forum for resolution. 'We' will never know.
As you say, You, as most, love their G .. .c.

Shawnnepc wrote:

I am a regular everyday customer who goes in and buys a computer, as a present for my son, but it later turned out to be a wrong choice for that, because it is hardware fault on the computers, this happens two times on the same guarantee.

it takes almost 2 months before he gets a computer that works.

When trying to tell this to ASUS to help out and warn, they have chosen not to even look at the case.

They put there heads in the sand and continue to sell bad computers.
For ASUS is never wrong, they are perfect in their own little world.

But if you can warn of from this bad stuff, maybe there is someone else who can make a better choice in the future, and not buying bad computers from ASUS.

Aurvangir wrote:
I am a regular everyday customer who goes in and buys a computer, as a present for my son, but it later turned out to be a wrong choice for that, because it is hardware fault on the computers, this happens two times on the same guarantee.

it takes almost 2 months before he gets a computer that works.

When trying to tell this to ASUS to help out and warn, they have chosen not to even look at the case.

They put there heads in the sand and continue to sell bad computers.
For ASUS is never wrong, they are perfect in their own little world.

But if you can warn of from this bad stuff, maybe there is someone else who can make a better choice in the future, and not buying bad computers from ASUS.

You once again did not state what the "failure" was on the two laptops you received? That would be most helpful. If you are trying to steer people clear of a product, you would think you would want to tell them why... Just stating "there was a hardware failure not once, but twice! Stay Away!" That doesn't really give your story any merit. You cant expect people to take you seriously unless you explain the circumstances and the problem you had?
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

MrRuckus wrote:
You once again did not state what the "failure" was on the two laptops you received? That would be most helpful. If you are trying to steer people clear of a product, you would think you would want to tell them why... Just stating "there was a hardware failure not once, but twice! Stay Away!" That doesn't really give your story any merit. You cant expect people to take you seriously unless you explain the circumstances and the problem you had?

Sorry M8, we did not get as much explanation from the service technicians, more than that it was a hardware failure,
But the way we discovered it looked like this
Settings that were set personal and saved never held, The computer filled in the code box, by itself when logging in windows 8

The games, took a very long time when charging, the computer froze, and locked up, got to restarted, physical with the on off button on the computer.

My son complained that it was delaying on the sound in the headset, hi heard his voice long after he spoke tru the headset.

We reboted the computer 5 times, before we submitted it to the service.

The service technicians said it was a serious fault with the hardware.

I'm just a regular customer who has gone into a store, to buy a product, but came home with a gift that did not work, twice in a row. I'm not an engineer, I'm just a user.

It is not strange, that it happens sometimes that you have a bad day, in this case ASUS had it.

But it happens twice, on a totally different SN.
Brand new and unopened machines, this I have tried to make the ASUS pay attention on, but they are too big to care.

Maybe it's supposed to be such, that there is an error built into the ASUS computer, to be redeemed, but in our case, it was a little too early, it shall not be redeemed before the warranty period, but after the warranty period expires.

There are certainly many happy ASUS users out there, but we are not one off them, and never got the chance to be it either,

The strange thing is that it happens twice in a row, and it takes 2 months to get a working computer, to my son, it does not feel good, and that ASUS does not care, is quite scary.

We have no other explanation than that M8

villiansv
Level 11
His issue was not important - it was his experience with the support team that was bad. You and I may be easily able to fix whatever issue he had, but the average person can't (and shouldn't be expected to). While I love my G750, as I find it a great piece of hardware, I have the safety net of not having to rely on support/RMA for most issues that arise. This however means that when it's time to buy my next laptop, I will in no way prefer Asus over anything else at the time. Bad support and customer relations don't create brand loyalty. In his post, Mercedes was exemplary - it was described as a company he would deal with again.

I have similar experiences with e.g. Logitech mice, whose customer service and warranty has been nothing but stellar, twice now. This means that I do not look at other mice brands when I consider purchasing, because if anything bad were to happen, I am confident it will be resolved quickly and to my liking. Mice brands aren't that different, and frankly neither are gaming laptops. Most use the same components, so it's things like support that set brands apart (for the most part).

To the OP - I hope that your kid enjoys his present. If I were you, I'd explain why exactly you got him that model, and not the one he originally wanted. I'm sure he'll understand that for such an expensive purchase, there are a lot of thinks to consider, rather than just raw specs/what his friends or one online review said.

Sorry that you here on the ASUS ROG forums could not help, when the error on the computers where hardware failure, I think it probably would not work to discuss here on the forum to fully functional computers.
The two computers were bought back, DOA (dead on arrival)
But my issue was probably not so important, it's just some bad products from ASUS, thats what they deliver to the customer always.
No big issue.

My son is happy about his new computer, but most happy, is he that it is not an ASUS ROG G750JW with problems from the start x 2 times.

villiansv wrote:

Sorry that you here on the ASUS ROG forums could not help, when the error on the computers where hardware failure, I think it probably would not work to discuss here on the forum to fully functional computers.
The two computers were bought back, DOA (dead on arrival)
But my issue was probably not so important, it's just some bad products from ASUS, thats what they deliver to the customer always.
No big issue.

My son is happy about his new computer, but most happy, is he that it is not an ASUS ROG G750JW with problems from the start x 2 times.

Chino
Level 15