cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limited BIOS in g53

pablitopm
Level 7
Hello! im wondering if anybody knows why the bios is so limited? and what do i do to unlock it? im having trobules with my g53 and want to check things in bios but i dont see them, like the temperature.

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

TeRmInAsHuNaToR
Level 7
Afradi all Gseries laptops have limited BIOS. What did you want to accomplish in the BIOS that you cannot?

I cant tell whats the tempetures are, and i cant control the rpm of the fans nor nothing.

Yes, the fans are restricted because they work exactly as they should.
Temperature can be monitored from Windows via HWInfo64, CoreTemp, Realtemp, AUDA64, MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision

Pitcher1
Level 9
because G serious is not OC product and fan speed is auto detect, so we lock fan speed control in BIOS.

Pitcher@asus wrote:
because G serious is not OC product and fan speed is auto detect, so we lock fan speed control in BIOS.

To be quite honest that's a little of a cop-out when it's an ROG product and ROG are glamorized as OCable, Customizable, best of the best.
Though i agree with the Fan Speed control, though my G Series had 3x fans die because the i7 runs constantly warm. If it had FanXpert control, with the linear fan curve that would be fabulous. Though, I understand why not, because people would break their systems and come complaining.

TeRmInAsHuNaToR wrote:
To be quite honest that's a little of a cop-out when it's an ROG product and ROG are glamorized as OCable, Customizable, best of the best.
Though i agree with the Fan Speed control, though my G Series had 3x fans die because the i7 runs constantly warm. If it had FanXpert control, with the linear fan curve that would be fabulous. Though, I understand why not, because people would break their systems and come complaining.

Yeah, that's the problem. Unlock it for the experts, and nothing happens (except they're happier). Unlock it for everyone else, and somebody will cook their system. I don't know of many BIOS's that detect temperature, especially since that can easilybe done with Windows utilities. On the other hand, fan control could be nice, but in the confines of a laptop, requires careful tuning in order to run properly.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

pablitopm
Level 7
i wanted to know temps because, my laptop is running very hot and shuting down, i have another thread here where we are discussing what could be the issue. (still investigating) and i wanted to know the temp before loading windows or anything else, and to see the conf of the fans. to see if everything is working as it should.

EDIT: is 203 the last version of bios for asus g53sw?

If you want to know temps, use a Windows app. There should be little difference.
Also I think 205 is the latest BIOS, but if your computer is shutting down, i wouldn't try a BIOS update.

pablitopm
Level 7
Hey all, wondering if is there a way to keep the fan running at 100% al the time, because the fan only activates when reaching certain temp, if my fan was running all the time then my cpu wouldt get hotter, and have a better performance, i dont care about the noise and i use it plugin all the time.