ROG Enthusiast Array

Do I really have to do this fixing and updating thing when I buy this laptop?

Hi, is it really so many problems with this laptop? I live in Germany and going to buy a gaming notebook.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Maxter's Avatar

What fixing and updating are you talking about?

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Welcome to ROG ..
    Play it and enjoy it ..
    If you wish to reduce the 'bloatware' or otherwise 'tweak' it in anyway ..
    worry not .. the forum is here friend.
    Otherwise, it is made to play 'out of the box'.
    'We' are Republic of Gamers .. lol .. some of 'we' must shave a nanoSecond
    off of everything or get that 1 last frame per second .. it is our way.c.

New ROGer Array

what model do you want to buy?

ROG Enthusiast Array

I want to buy the jh model, on second thought I think I just go with the jw, because I need to save my money for the games. So what is your recomendation?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Flea0's Avatar

I'd suggest going for the mid tier and going for the JX. It's still a lot cheaper than the JH but the extra performance should be noticeable.
    ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardoTan View Post
    I want to buy the jh model, on second thought I think I just go with the jw, because I need to save my money for the games. So what is your recomendation?
    Another reason you want to go with JX is because JX comes with a standard SSD slot in the Drive 1 bay. The JH comes with proprietary ASUS MSATA modules you can't upgrade on JH so you are stuck with a very bad decision by ASUS. Why they didn't include standard MSATA modules so you can upgrade them is beyond me.

GTX770M is plenty powerful to run almost everything on ultra in 1920x1080 resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzified View Post
    Another reason you want to go with JX is because JX comes with a standard SSD slot in the Drive 1 bay. The JH comes with proprietary ASUS MSATA modules you can't upgrade on JH so you are stuck with a very bad decision by ASUS. Why they didn't include standard MSATA modules so you can upgrade them is beyond me.

GTX770M is plenty powerful to run almost everything on ultra in 1920x1080 resolution.
    My JH dont have any Msata, 2 regular slots for sata disks.

Pulled the SSHD out, put a SSD in, and moved the SSHD to secondary slot ans used it as slavedrive..

Regards

Jesper B
    My opinions are my own, I do not work for Asus or any other manufacturer of computers or computer parts. I do not speak on behalf of anybody, but myself.
    //Blessed are the cheesemakers