cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Software Forum! The Yes and Nos.

X-ROG
Level 15
In order to separate hardware and driver discussions from software, Windows, Linux and upcoming SteamBox - we've created this forum for the latter.

What to chat about:

ASUS Software - Learning to use AI Suite? Want to chat about TurboV/EVO? Other ideas? Found a bug?
UEFI BIOS - Suggest changes/new features? Chat about comparative UI/UE between vendors.
Linux/SteamBox - This is gonna kick off big-time in 2014 😉
Windows - The OS we love to hate to love to love 😉

What is not covered:

GPU Tweak: there is a separate, dedicated forum for this in the graphics section.
Realbench or other ROG Pro software: these are separate, dedicated forums in the ROG Pro section.
BIOS problems/bugs: stick it in the correct product forum
Driver problems/bugs: stick it in the correct product forum
Hackintosh discussions: there are specific sites for this, please discuss it there.
9 REPLIES 9

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Great idea MarshallR, big Yes from me 😄

Zygomorphic
Level 17
Moving all LINUX threads into this forum. Thanks, @MarshallR.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

CodeMe
Level 7
It sure is going to be Big by next year. The only Thing I hate about it is the Damn NVIDIA are Packing there Drivers with there Version of Stream, But I guess it'll work for the others also.
So Now It's even more Bloated & it's forced upon you, It's not as if you can De-Select the Install of there Stream Drivers, Like you can with there Audio & 3D N other options in the Installer.

I Just hope that option will be added at some point soon.. I'll never use it or ever Stream My Games.

However Great Forum Thread Marshall 🙂
CPU:- AMD FX 8350 4.0Ghz
MOBO:- Crosshair v formula
BIOS:- Crosshair v bios 1703
COOLING:- Antec Kuhler H20 920
RAM:- Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz
GRAPHICS:- MSI Geforce GTX 670 OC Twin Frozr Power Edition 2048MB GDDR5
MAIN DRIVES:- 2x Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300
STORAGE:- 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache
CASE:- Antec Dark Fleet Series DF35 Gaming
PSU:- OCZ Stealth X Stream-2 700W
KEYBOARD:- TT eSports Challenger Pro Gaming Keyboard

I would agree with you there is enough junk already being installed, love the idea of what steam is doing but i'll never own a steam box. it needs be be an option.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

BGriffin
Level 7
I am waiting for this to be release. I will most likely get one and replace my current Ubuntu media box on my TV. The stop gap that Steam is doing with Steam client makes my current investment for older Windows games to be still worthwhile and will allow the industry to make a choice on which way they want to go in the future. I hope their next steps are to bolster OpenGL and catch it up to DirectX That said DirectX is great but frankly it's not enough to drive my want of new games. I used DirectX 9 for a long long time before hardware failure forced me into DirectX 10.

ROGHSV
Level 7
I have a suggestion, option to rename the OPT-TEMP 1,2,3 so we know which probe is on what device, anyone else agree ???
It can never be to quick.

erbao
Level 7
Nice post!I agree with you.:p

mytears
Level 7
Big yes

Perius
Level 7
Could you please add links on this page for the latest versions (and betas) of AI suite3? (and other Asus software)

Now i have to go trough all different mb to find the newest version of everything.
Some models are updated sooner than others and with no central place to download software, you have to click trough all the newest ones to get the latest versions.

Right now i am running dip5 1.02.17 (this version works good on my system without crash).
I do not even remember what model i downloaded it from. (i use a z97-deluxe, and the version listed there crash on my system).