cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus maximus hero slow to load usb

bloob
Level 7
Hey guys I just got a new board Asus maximus hero. Everything is updated to latest and window os is fresh installed.

I'm having a problem that when I boot into windows, it takes a good 5-10 seconds before windows loads my usb devices like mouse and keyboard. I tried reformatting and reinstalling the drivers from scratch but still no fix. Have anyone else experienced this issue or know if its a driver issue or a hardware issue?

Thanks all
20 REPLIES 20

DeterH
Level 7
Hey all, new here. I'm having similar problem with keyboard (USB) unavailable at windows 7 account login for about 5-8 seconds. Tried different USB port but no change. Anyone else?
Best,
DeterH

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, bloob and DeterH!

Make sure you are running the latest 0903 BIOS. If not, download it, put it on an USB pendrive and flash it through the EZ Flash utility in the BIOS.

Everything is updated to latest, bios, firmware for everything. Also tried reformatting it and redoing all the drivers chipsets, usb, etc... Still the same issue. Currently running window 7 sp1 64 bit. Tried some fix other people suggested but doesn't help my case. Might I just have a bad board?

Here is my build:
Asus maximus hero
i5 4670k
Crucial m500
Gskill ripjaws 8gb
Asus r9 280x
660W Seasonic psu

bloob
Level 7
Ok so i reinstall the usb3 drivers latest from asus website, same one i had. And now the installer is popping up everytime i restart my computer. I already successfully installed it. And when I click run, nothing happens...

bloob
Level 7
So anyone have any information about this? I don't know if my replacement board will behave the same way, but I still haven't heard a fix from anyone having this issue yet.

Just want to know if this is a known issue that Asus is working on or not.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you please list the USB devices you are using.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

bloob
Level 7
Just a usb mouse and a keyboard, I tested with 2 different mice and 4 different keyboards. All behave the same way, also did the fancy testings other people did like booting with just 1 usb, changing ports around etc... I don't have anything attached but the keyboard and mice. And my usb device works fine on other comps and laptops I have.

Mice:
Corsair m65
Old basic microsoft mice
Cooler master xornet

Keyboards:
Das ultimate
Rosewill mechanical
Logitech k120
Cooler master quickfire

Odd thing is I do see the led on my usb light up at boot up, just when it hits window user screen it just takes a nap for a few seconds. I tested this with or without a user password to bypass the user screen, same result just locks up on desktop for a few seconds instead.

And the iusb3mon.exe that keeps looping on boot up was annoying too hope my new mobo don't do that... it does go away if I uncheck the "ask me everytime I run this" but don't know if there's any deeper issue related to that.

Mine does this too....thought it was normal. Mine waits maybe 5 seconds before it turns on the keyboard and mouse.

Chino
Level 15