cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINUX Posters Suggestions

Zygomorphic
Level 17
All LINUX users out there:

Greetings! We now have a subforum to play in (thanks Marshall):). In the interests of not separating the software from the hardware, it is my suggestion that you post your thread in the appropriate software section of the forum (here), and then PM me (or @Nodens) to get a redirect placed to the appropriate hardware section of the forum. That way, anyone who is familiar with the hardware (and frequents those forums) can chime in as well, since the LINUX threads will have redirects.

If you have a better way, then I'd love to hear it!

--Zygo
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23
23 REPLIES 23

SlackROG
Level 10
An entire section dedicated to Linux should be made, so Linux users don't have dig through everything else...

SlackROG wrote:
An entire section dedicated to Linux should be made, so Linux users don't have dig through everything else...

There aren't enough of us, and then hardware LINUX issues get buried where the regular hardware gurus won't normally go. It's easier for me to redirect LINUX stuff to here, and thus keep it all in one place. If it gets to be an issue, I will create a locked LINUX-index sticky thread that has links to all LINUX threads I can find. For now, redirects seem to be working, though I would like to see more LINUX users. 🙂
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Right now, redirects are probably the best way to do it. Though, it is pretty awesome to see more and more posts about Linux popping up :cool:

SlackROG
Level 10
You can't just think there aren't enough of us, there could certainly be people in the hundreds and thousands all over the world that just cruise by the forum and have a look and because they don't see much of anything dedicated to Linux they move on, that is always a possibility.

Let's also look at it this way, Steam is in Linux is it not? Valve is pretty big stuff...

Creating a section just for Linux isn't going to overload the server or kill anyone, so please do us all a favor and make one, it's in everyone's best interests.

Linux users are also a proud bunch, who also don't appreciate having to dig through a Windows section to find Linux related material. Trust me I know this as a Linux geek...

Cheers

SlackROG wrote:
You can't just think there aren't enough of us, there could certainly be people in the hundreds and thousands all over the world that just cruise by the forum and have a look and because they don't see much of anything dedicated to Linux they move on, that is always a possibility.

Let's also look at it this way, Steam is in Linux is it not? Valve is pretty big stuff...

Creating a section just for Linux isn't going to overload the server or kill anyone, so please do us all a favor and make one, it's in everyone's best interests.

Linux users are also a proud bunch, who also don't appreciate having to dig through a Windows section to find Linux related material. Trust me I know this as a Linux geek...

Cheers

I have talked it over with the other admins on the forums, and at present it was agreed that a separate section was not necessary, though one would be created if enough interest (posts/threads) are generated. It isn't an issue of server configuration or space, but rather one of organization. This section of the forum is listed as including LINUX, and we can work from there. If you think that a sticky LINUX index thread would be helpful, I can create one for us all, so that LINUX users know where to look.

guys please vote for me, so that i can become roger too . Paste any of the three lines from this post to this thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48981-***4K-UHD-Wallpaper-Competition***-Rules-and-voting&c...

Rench – Post #548
Rench – Post #567
Rench – Post #541

Rench – Post #546
Rench – Post #399
Rench – Post #463
Rench – Post #464
Rench – Post #469
Rench – Post #517
Rench – Post #539
Rench – Post #589
Rench9 – Post #663
Rench – Post #593

I would like to see a linux section with the model of laptop

Asus G55
|________Installation Linux
|________Drivers
|________Games
|________Applications
|________Troubleshoot

Somethin like this at this moment i don't know which kind of distro is the best or possible we can start to make the own ROG linux distro who know

mgamboap wrote:
I would like to see a linux section with the model of laptop

Asus G55
|________Installation Linux
|________Drivers
|________Games
|________Applications
|________Troubleshoot

Somethin like this at this moment i don't know which kind of distro is the best or possible we can start to make the own ROG linux distro who know

I agree, but each individual distro will make things interesting in its own, unique way.

I currently use Ubuntu 14.04 on my G55vw, and I have tried Mint 17: Cinnamon, Zorin-OS 9.1 (Core and Lite), Poseidon Linux, Scientific Linux, and all of the Ubuntus from 12.** to date - Ubuntu is my favorite for general computing (although I did like Mint a lot), and Poseidon was the biggest pain to set up.

Order of preference: Ubuntu > Mint > Zorin > Poseidon

Z

I have an old G1Sn that has never let me down 🙂 Years ago when running Windows the thing would randomly crash while gaming. After 4 clean installs and 2 years later I found Linux Mint 13 Maya. I created my first Live CD with my Maximus Gene-IV desktop and installed it onto my G1Sn. LOVED IT on that old gaming notebook! I have since installed several distros with no issues at all with that notebook and have had a great experience with Linux and Ubunto on it. It is now my primary machine for formatting drives and repairing Windows HDs for people. Just plug their HD into the external docking station and away you go! Currently running Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64bit on the G1Sn and Dual booting Ubuntu 14.04 64bit and Windows 7 Pro 64bit on the Maximus Gene-Z. Would love to see more support role out for all of the ROG line. Have every ROG product I have purchased and knock on wood none have ever failed me 🙂