Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array

intel management engine concerns and steamos

Hello, i just recently finished my build of a pc that is using a rog strix z390-e gaming motherboard and have some concerns about the intel management engine
    that i have heard in on most if not all intel based motherboards. Specifically concerning any security issues and back doors that a seperate os like minix in this
    management engine might pose to the user. I also know for example that work is being done on disabling it and setting the "high assurance platform" bit to
    one to disable it using something called a "me_cleaner" utility and some secondary chip flashing equipment and i am considering this myself but i thought i would
    consult the maker of this motherboard first before i try this. Might i also add i have not had much problems with said motherboard and have found it to be of
    pretty good quality as well although i still have my doubts about how the "armoury crate" is implemented by default and also if the firmware updating utility uses
    the management engine to do its thing or is fimware update utility implemented some other way?
    As for Steamos the last time i used it i didn't really like it as it was geared mainly to steam and a linux desktop tends to be more versatile. You might like
    a linux flavour like a recent linux mint or ubuntu and install steam onto it. If you want more of a steam experience try the big window in the upper right hand corner
    for that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3