cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX Weight and Portability Reviews !

rajeshtechfreak
Level 7
I was planning to get a ASUS G750JX CV069P in India
It comes with (24GB RAM and 750GB * 2 HDD )
But one last thing i'm concerned about is the weight and portability . Different reviews give different weights for the different models .. I just wanted to know what you guys think is the ACTUAL weight of the laptop ( with 2 hard drives ) .. If someone could measure it using a weighing scale it'd be great . The Weight Excluding the Charger ! Just the laptop !

I'd be carrying it to college once in a while like 10 times a month ! I love the specs of this beast !
Should I go for it ?
Please share your views regarding the weight and how often you guys carry it around and if youre fine with the portability aspect ! Please help me make a decision guys !

Thanks 🙂
16 REPLIES 16

reka121402
Level 7
It is heavy, but so is every single gaming laptop. I carry it from home -> work -> home everyday and it doesn't bother me at all, but if I were to add 25lbs. of books it would be very cumbersome.

Honestly, the physical size is the hardest bit to work with. It's just big.

reka121402 wrote:
It is heavy, but so is every single gaming laptop. I carry it from home -> work -> home everyday and it doesn't bother me at all, but if I were to add 25lbs. of books it would be very cumbersome.

Honestly, the physical size is the hardest bit to work with. It's just big.

Thanks for the reply 🙂
I don't have to carry a lot of books just 2-3 !
So you don't feel the weight once you get used to it .. is it ?
This is going to be my first gaming laptop !

It is basically a desktop replacement, so it does weight a lot, but its less then the previous revisions. I doubt you would be able to tell the difference from one G750 to another as far as weight. They have to be within a pound or 2 of one another.

You keep asking about without the charger. Please keep in mind that this laptop while better then most of the same scale, does not have a long battery life. I think its around 3 hours. Most gaming laptops are around 2 or even less. Running games on battery is not advised and would be drastically less!

A standard laptop battery which could last 5-6 hours you just cant see in a gaming laptop because of the hardware used. Just a friendly FYI. Goodluck!
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

villiansv
Level 11
I don't have scales, but can offer a bit of insight. My previous laptop was a Clevo P170HM, and I weighed it at some point - it was 4kg. This one is definitely heavier. If I had to guess, I'd say it's close to 5kg, and that seems in line with official Asus specs (which claim 4.6kg).

Is that the weight including the charger or excluding it ? Because I saw many reviews where they said it weights around 8.8pounds ( 4kgs) and the charger an extra 600grams ! I'm still uncertain about this . Some reviews even say that its light for a gaming laptop !

villiansv wrote:
I don't have scales, but can offer a bit of insight. My previous laptop was a Clevo P170HM, and I weighed it at some point - it was 4kg. This one is definitely heavier. If I had to guess, I'd say it's close to 5kg, and that seems in line with official Asus specs (which claim 4.6kg).

Is that the weight including the charger or excluding it ? Because I saw many reviews where they said it weights around 8.8pounds ( 4kgs) and the charger an extra 600grams ! I'm still uncertain about this . Some reviews even say that its light for a gaming laptop !

Maxter
Level 9
I carry it everyday to work and home with the plug, even though I don't use it all the time (battery is really good). Weight is ok. If I had to be carrying something else though? say a book or 2, it would be way heavy. I use a 1 strap carry bag (a modified samsonite that was made for 16 in laptops - thanks wife!)

reka121402
Level 7
If you want an idea of the weight, just drop a 10lb free-weight or dumbell in your backpack. You never really get used to the extra weight, but the knowledge that the weight is from a very nice laptop makes it easily bearable.

But again, the phyiscal size (to me) is worse than the weight.

Flea0
Level 10
picking up the laptop and carrying it around is no problem at all if you're a man. It weighs closer to 4 than to 4.5 kg but it doesn't feel dense, aka when you pick it up it doesn't feel any heavier than it looks. It also hides its thickness rather well. the real problem with transporting it is it's width and depth, especially the latter which is greater than almost any other 17 inch laptop out there because of the rear cooling system. Buy a good backpack with good straps and the weight will barely be noticeable. Just don't throw in too many books along with it.
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display