cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uograde g53jw i5 wt.

solosuper
Level 7
So many people say this and so many people say that, so i Ask in here. Is it pssible to use more ram and a a 2 hardrive maybe a ssd in this computer? If so how? The same as i7 or not?

Thanks everyone.
4 REPLIES 4

Chastity
Level 10
The i5 is limited to 8GB RAM. To have more than that, you would need to upgrade the CPU to i7 as well. You have 2 HDD bays. You can add a third by removing the Optical drive and using an optical to hdd caddy.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Thank you. I just have one disk in mine a hybrid disk that game with the computer. Also 4 gb ram. I want 8gb ram and two disks.

Retired
Not applicable
I do have an i5 G53JW and be advised that:
- i5 versions have only 2 ram slots, one of which is damn well hidden requiring a lot of disassembling to reachit. So in my case i stopped at 6GB of ram (2GB+4Gb ram)
- i've also added an ssd in an improvised drive cage. basically i moved the hdd with the original cage in the 2nd slot and placed the ssd in the 1st slot as boot drive.

so even if you upgrade your cpu to i7, you still cannot have more than 8gb ram because we have only 2 ram slots instead of the regular 4 that i7 users get with their G53jw.
Shame on you ASUS.

I was well aware that i get a 768p display because it was 3D, but it was quite a shock when i opened it and found out that 2 of the regular 4 ram slots are missing...

Chastity
Level 10
Even I learned something today. 🙂 So in order for him to get 8GB, he'd have to get 2 4GB sticks and swap both slots.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]