cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subwoofer static and cuts out on G750JW

trekker670
Level 7
I'm new here, I've had my Asus G750JW for about a month now. I purchased it refurbished from NewEgg and have an RMA out for this issue, but thought I'd post here to see if this is a known issue with an easy solution.

I'm having issues where the onboard subwoofer intermittently cuts out and when it is working there's quite a bit of static a second or so before and after it cuts out. I've talked to Asus support a number of times and there solution is always reinstall the audio drivers, which doesn't help. So far I've mainly been using the computer for watching movies and office-type work. The issue occurs with both VLC and PowerDVD, so I doubt it's related to the player (which Asus initially claimed).

Since this is a refurbished model, I'm pretty sure this is a hardware issue, but if I thought I'd check here before sending it in, since doing so will require me to undo the mods I've done (installed a BR player and swapped in an SSD).

Other than these issues, I'm loving the machine.

Thanks for any insight!
9 REPLIES 9

Maxter
Level 9
welcome to the forums! did you check you are using the latest drivers? and that MaxxAudio has the enhanced stuff for the subwoofer? in any case, it does sound like a hardware issue if it's going in and out.

Pitcher1
Level 9
if you install new driver, but still can not fix, please sent to sevice center to fix it.

pen2guin3
Level 7
I had the same exact problem you had....:mad: Bought my G750JX from Amazon and roughly 10 days my sub started to crackle/cut in and out..! Contacted Amazon and within 4 days I had a brand-new one. Haven't had a problem with the new one (fingers crossed). Amazon has a awesome return policy - can't say enough about dealing with Amazon! Definitely send it back...!

trekker670
Level 7
Thanks for the confirmation, I'll be sending it back to Newegg this week.

thryledz
Level 7
Got myself a g750jm.. had no expectations from the speakers to begin with..
my "subwoofer" cuts out as well, i just set it to around 20-33% in the control panel

Pfftch ... subwoofer, on a LAPTOP hah - laughable xD

I just purchased a G750JZ exact same problem,,,, Subwoofer cuts in and out,,, re-installed the drivers no change.
sounds good when it works... but it's intermittent if this is a common problem and I return it, what says I don't get another defect?

02_ramair_ta
Level 7
I have this same issue. I bought my laptop on newegg, but I do not want to send it back and forth to get it fixed, I would much rather just have the parts sent out to let me do the replacement. I would guess, its just the speaker itself?

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead.

Same problem on my G750JZ, I have noticed that if I disable MAXXVolume and MAXXLeveler on AudioWizard my sub play again! Do you have the same issue? :confused:
ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black

hmscott
Level 12
Guys, I have posted about adjusting the Subwoofer level to less than 70 out of 100 before, but I took some time to find the MAXAudio level needed to remove the buzzing with the Subwoofer level at 100/100, and thought you might try it to reduce the buzz/static/disconnect as the sub is over-driven.

The 250hz slide is the one that affects the buzz on my G750JH, it needs to be dropped down way far to completely get rid of the buzz, this is how I have it set to run without buzzing at 50/100 overall volume level:

I still get the occasional zip from the sub during high volume action sequences, so I will likely drop the Subwoofer level again a bit as I tune it some more.

Update: 90/100 seems to be enough of a drop to remove the occasional distortion now that the 250hz slider is set down as above. Trying to decide if I like it better this way, or with the 250hz slider up to mid setting (default), and setting the Subwoofer Power level at 55/100 as before...

Please post what settings work for you 🙂