cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposed 4770K build

01_Wolverine
Level 12
hi All this is my proposed setup

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.75 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($117.14 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($295.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 480GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($309.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB Video Card ($405.91 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic Platinum 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($217.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Lite-On IHBS112-04 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($78.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Dell U2713HM 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($599.00 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Elite Wired Gaming Keyboard ($90.00 @ Mechanical Keyboards)
Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Wired Laser Mouse ($66.48 @ Amazon)

Although i question the memory.

What is the most realiable and failure proof G Skill for 16 gb (2x8 sticks) and no overclocking memory

1866MHz cas9 2100MHz cas9 or 2400 MHz cas10??? will run stock speeds

Also this build is not immediate and that is why the reference 290 was selected.

will wait for aftermarket coolers to appear from 3rd party vendors and reviews before purchase

Also the 1000w Platinum psu will be enough for,eventually Xfire 290s, or move to the seasonic gold x1050

or the 50watts doesn't matter?? Maybe i will overclock the cpu to 4.2 - 4.4 MHz. I don't expect too

much from Haswell!!!

I will expand the ssd to larger capacity (1tb) when the prices lower futher

Now the keyboard doen't matter to me i am a hunt and peck typer (haha!!)

with the loss of my index finger of my left finger,large hands Any ideas on how to game ????

remember be easy i am still a newbie!!
7 REPLIES 7

Chino
Level 15
Modern games are loving high bandwidth memory. In the future, more and more of them will start to follow this trend. The difference between the 2400MHz Trident X kit and the 2133MHz one you want is only $5. Get the faster one. You will thank me in the future. 😉

Regarding the Platinum-1000W, all I can say is that it's a golden PSU. The efficiency is unbelievable and most likely you won't even see the fan spin at all. It'll have no problem powering a future R9 290x crossfire and a moderate 4.4GHz overclock.

Your build is good to go, my friend. 😉 Will be an awesome gaming rig.

Chino wrote:
Modern games are loving high bandwidth memory. In the future, more and more of them will start to follow this trend. The difference between the 2400MHz Trident X kit and the 2133MHz one you want is only $5. Get the faster one. You will thank me in the future. 😉

Regarding the Platinum-1000W, all I can say is that it's a golden PSU. The efficiency is unbelievable and most likely you won't even see the fan spin at all. It'll have no problem powering a future R9 290x crossfire and a moderate 4.4GHz overclock.

Your build is good to go, my friend. 😉 Will be an awesome gaming rig.

Are you an advocate of fast RAM? :cool:
Cruel Angel
------------------------------

CPU: i7 4770k 4.7Ghz 1.425v
MB: Maximus VI Formula
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400Mhz OC) 16GB
GPU: Reference GTX 560Ti ( GTX 880 Coming Soon!)
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Mouse: MLG Sensei
KeyBoard: Corsair K70 RED
Monitor: BENQ XL2420T

Custom Water Cooling

Zeruel wrote:
Are you an advocate of fast RAM? :cool:

Chino did some research on the effect of higher bandwidth and FPS in BF4 and it makes real interesting reading so yes you could say higher frequency is starting to make a difference finally.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

kkn
Level 14
well if you have tried console ( gamed on one ) you can get a pad and use it on a pc, you will not have the same reaction time so to say, but you dont need to use the KB for it.
i game whit one who uses a game pad, and he swears to it.
if thats an option, i guess it all depend son what games one play.

Chino i am thanking you NOW Thanks alot Chino saves me the trouble of indecision!!!

kkn thanks for the idea i did not know about the console controller !!! Is there any certain controller???

Also am undecided on what games,i am thinking maybe bioshock,tomb raider etc

I really like the graphics!!

01 Wolverine wrote:
Chino i am thanking you NOW Thanks alot Chino saves me the trouble of indecision!!!

kkn thanks for the idea i did not know about the console controller !!! Is there any certain controller???

Also am undecided on what games,i am thinking maybe bioshock,tomb raider etc

I really like the graphics!!

well i dont know mutch about the pads but you can do a quick google search and there can come up advices and sutch.
heres a link about 10 controllers.
http://compactiongames.about.com/od/hardware/tp/gamepads.htm

kkn wrote:
well i dont know mutch about the pads but you can do a quick google search and there can come up advices and sutch.
heres a link about 10 controllers.
http://compactiongames.about.com/od/hardware/tp/gamepads.htm

Thanks,kkn