cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Facelogon crashes with Webcam [solved]

BaPef
Level 7
So sometime in the last two days my laptop facelogon software quit working as it crashes whenever the webcam turns on.

I tried uninstalling and installing the most recent version.

If I enable the virtual webcam software I can start the facelogon manager, but there is no picture and if I disable the virtual webcam then it crashes on open.

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the webcam, but there are no drivers for it in the download section for the G75VW.
Actually any asus software that require the webcam crashes but any other software using the webcam works fine.

Any suggestions?

G75vw
2 REPLIES 2

BaPef
Level 7
Nevermind I figured out the problem, Shark007 codec pack interferes with it on default settings. I had to change the subtitle controls from DirectVobSub to anything else. So if anyone else has this issue check recently install programs that might incorporate codecs.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
BaPef wrote:
So sometime in the last two days my laptop facelogon software quit working as it crashes whenever the webcam turns on.

I tried uninstalling and installing the most recent version.

If I enable the virtual webcam software I can start the facelogon manager, but there is no picture and if I disable the virtual webcam then it crashes on open.

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the webcam, but there are no drivers for it in the download section for the G75VW.
Actually any asus software that require the webcam crashes but any other software using the webcam works fine.

Any suggestions?

G75vw

The driver comes from "Microsoft", that's why there's no download on the Asus download page.

You can try this

1. Open device manage
2. Open imaging devices
3. Double left click on "USB 2.0 UVC HD Webcam
4. Open driver tab
5. Click "Uninstall"
6. Click "OK" to confirm procedure
7. Restart PC after the uninstall procedure.

After the restart, the Microsoft Drive will reinstall automatically and should repair/fix driver.

PS: Hopefully that will fix your issue.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"