cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh crap looks like EZ update for bios has frozen

max_silver
Level 7
In the neighborhood of 15 minutes ago, I started Asus Ez Update for the bios on my Maximus Hero VI board. I was running 0804 previously, and am attempting to update to 0903.

The blue progress bar filled up reasonably quickly, but nothing has happened in the last ten+ minutes after the bar finished filling. A circular updating logo is still rotating at the bottom of the window.

What should I do at this point? I have the option to cancel at the bottom of the window, but I have no idea what will happen at this point if I do so. I suspect I may have no option but to attempt to cancel the flash and hope for the best at this point.
4 REPLIES 4

max_silver
Level 7
I decided to just hit cancel, and nothing bad seems to have happened. It appears as though the bios flashing program is failing to actually apply any changes to the bios. I will likely need to do things the old fashioned way to actually complete this update.

TL
Level 7
tried usb bios flashback?

max_silver
Level 7
I was able to use the manually update bios function in EZ update with no issues thankfully. I was worried it could possibly cause some headaches if I were to cancel the fully automatic bios update function, but thankfully it just cancelled and that was the end of it.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please try not to use the OS based applications. 🙂 Pleased you are sorted.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.