cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus III Gene Owners Thread

Retired
Not applicable
Howdy ROG Forums :cool:

Thought I would make a MIIIG thread so all owners can collaborate and build up a thread with information and personal experiences of the board, I have owned my one since May and I am so far very happy with it 🙂

This thread will be edited over time, so get posting 😛
9 REPLIES 9

Retired
Not applicable
I'm a MIIIGENE owner here. Glad to to be here

Retired
Not applicable
hows the board working out for you? this should surely be competitive in the blizzcon competition

Brian@ASUS wrote:
hows the board working out for you? this should surely be competitive in the blizzcon competition

I bought this board about a week ago, with that exact thought in mind.

Did some Bclk testing today and ended at 250 on dry ice. 😄
I didn't get a CPU-z screenshot of it, but I have a .dat file.
Not sure if there is a way to convert it or not. :confused:

Next session, I'll get screenies.
i7-980X | EVGA 762 Classified | 6GB Dom GT 2000C7 | GTX580 SLI

i7-2600K | Asus MIVE-Z68 | 4GB Dom GT 2000C8 | GTX580 Martix

69_Goat's HWBOT Profile

Retired
Not applicable
Brian@ASUS wrote:

hi

sorry for the very late reply lolz. have been busy the past few months testing and exchanging hardwares so today, i finally came up with a final build. so here are some of the pics i took of my mobo and my rig.

Stable @ 3.7Ghz on CoolIT Vantage ALC and Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 2:6 @ 6-7-7-19

Retired
Not applicable
geek33 wrote:
hi

sorry for the very late reply lolz. have been busy the past few months testing and exchanging hardwares so today, i finally came up with a final build. so here are some of the pics i took of my mobo and my rig.

Stable @ 3.7Ghz on CoolIT Vantage ALC and Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 2:6 @ 6-7-7-19

I got 8GB of that XMS3 ram and my motherboard is after getting very unstable with it.

Retired
Not applicable
Heres what I have managed with mine in a quick and dirty LN session few days back...still improving, was only second time clocking the board so far. Like the BIOS, havent noticed any bclk holes or memory divider issues ..which is nice.

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1075978_cl3p20_cpu_z_core_i5_655k_6237_mhz

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1075633_cl3p20_superpi_core_i5_655k_7sec_176ms
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1075632_cl3p20_superpi_32m_core_i5_655k_7min_22sec_151ms

Seems around 4-5ns lower latency at the same settings compared to some MSI Trinergy's I am testing now as well... Heres a few pics of the Gene in action.

Hoping to hit sub-6 1mil Pi real soon.. just gotta jam some voltage on these rams 😉

**Had to perform ColdBug mod on mobo..as "LN mode" in BIOS does nothing to alter the cold bug boot issue at around -40c.. I removed the resistor on the affected PCI-E signaling lane..and soldered the two leads direct. I am now able to boot at the stable temp limit of the CPU at about -145c.

Retired
Not applicable
sweet

I recently purchased this to replace my Crosshair IV Formula (Great Board BTW for AMD.) I just decided to go back to intel because I am planning a sff build with efficiency in mind, and Asus has no ROG micro atx boards for AMD atm. I went Core i3 550 with this build and its not even warm overclocked at 3.6ghz. Ok well maybe a little warm but i'm using the stock cooler.

xeromist
I'll have mine with me at PDXLAN next month if anyone else is going to make it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…