Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

@TheSurroundGamer, @Arne is with you on this. He's commenting about user ergonomics, and is pining for higher-res displays, which, quite frankly, I am looking forward to as well.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

DP is the only one that must survive. Let HDMI fade out along with DVI as the HDMI/HDCP royalties increase the cost for everything without reason.

As it was said already the cable can not distort image quality because we're talking about digital. If it was analog it could but with digital you're only transfering data between 2 endpoints. The data is the same no matter what the cable is.

Regarding 16:9. The major reason that everything is 16:9 is the adoption of the ratio standard by the film industry. It is also the only widescreen ratio supported by the DVD and Bluray standards. So unless the film industry and Video standards decide to adopt 16:10 (which would take a new Video disc standard entirely as it's too late to incorporate it in Bluray--would cause devices not being compatible) forget about 16:10 ever leaving the pro graphics market and becoming mainstream. This is the simple reality of things regardless of what you think about the ratios. The industry operates this way.

Lastly. The PC market is not being pushed aside for "inferior products". If you have not noticed EVERYTHING is moving towards mobile/portable computing. And I mean EVERYTHING. The entire electronics industry. The PC, as you know it, will become a Workstation and Gaming platform. All "Personal Computing" will be on portable devices. Companies are not dropping the PC but it's not the primary focus for anyone in the industry. So do not expect a million different configurations on PC products, like it once was. You can expect that for tablets and smartphones. Because this is what is selling right now and what the entire world market and investors are interested in. A PC in their bag/pocket.
    Eventually mobile devices will be performing as fast as PCs. If you do some research you will see that even the biggest Game Engines available, now offer native exports for ALL the mobile platforms and most new game development is also targeting that area. This is the future.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Not asus but I got 3 27inch overlord monitors 2550 by 1440 or whatever it is overclockable mine are clocked to 115 hz right now they sick very lil bezels

Quote Originally Posted by Korvan View Post
    Not asus but I got 3 27inch overlord monitors 2550 by 1440 or whatever it is overclockable mine are clocked to 115 hz right now they sick very lil bezels
    how can one oc monitors??
    its the refresh time of your monitors you have to look at. ( mhz = fps ).

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

It is possible to force a monitor into a vertical refresh rate it does not normally support. BUT, it's almost certain that it will damage the hardware at some point in time. Either immediate or not.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2