cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA 890FX Red Dram Problem

Retired
Not applicable
Hi their
The problem that I am having with my board is that it was working fine for 6 months and then decided to freeze yesterday. When I restarted the computer nothing came up. Now I have reseated the CPU and the ram have tried the 2b 1600 ram in different slots but it always stops on the Dram.

Now I have read a few forums where people are having the same sort of problem with the board hanging on Dram and nothing coming on screen.

I have also tested the graphics card with another one that I know to be working still nothing. Have reset the Bios or Cmos with the button on the back.

Now the thing that I want to know is has my board gone faulty or have my sticks of ram failed as the red Dram seems to of suggested.
3 REPLIES 3

Raja
Level 13
Only way to know for sure where the problem lies would be to test the DRAM in another board.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
True but unfortunately I don't have another board that supports DDR 3 ram I have ordered some new ram that should be arriving tomorrow. I'm hoping to god that it is that ram but for 2 moduals to go faulty is usually very unlikely.

Retired
Not applicable
Right manage to get some ram from work 2gb PC3 10600 will this work with the board because I had a look at the spec and it says that it supports 1333mhz ram.