Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got random BSOD on g750jw

littletyran
Level 7
Hi

First of all sorry for my English langue

I just update to windows 8.1 and then got a random bluescreen of death when play games or use program
the error show "kmode_exception_not_handled" I check on google and go to check device manager in safe mode
I found "!" icon on PnP Generic Monitor I try to update driver but can't find it

anyone please help me solve this problem

Thx
9 REPLIES 9

WatchGuard
Level 9
Hello Littletyran,

When a BSOD occurs, Windows should write a .dmp file that contains details on it. There are many articles on how to open this file(http://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-1118.html?), but for someone who is not familiar with it, you can start with the WhoCrashed program:

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

This is available for free for personal use. Install it, run it, and click on Analyze. This should look for your .dmp files and give you some information on it.

I was encountering kmode_exception_not_handled as well, which was due to driver I could not pinpoint. Have you added any hardware to the laptop, such as a SSD or RAM?

Also, if you browse the forum topics, you will see posts similar to this on page 2 and 3. Please refer to this topic for more information:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?39211-G750JX-BSOD-problem.-HELP!-KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE...

Maxter
Level 9
littletyran wrote:
Hi

First of all sorry for my English langue

I just update to windows 8.1 and then got a random bluescreen of death when play games or use program
the error show "kmode_exception_not_handled" I check on google and go to check device manager in safe mode
I found "!" icon on PnP Generic Monitor I try to update driver but can't find it

anyone please help me solve this problem

Thx

Follow the link provided by WatchGuard and, in that same forum, we could continue to discuss the issue. Make sure you tell us what "whocrashed" (you can download this software) tells us. It is usually a driver issue (common on Win8.1).

Pitcher1
Level 9
are you install all drivers and normal in win 8, when you upgrate to win 8.1 are you check again device manager ahve "!" mark in there?
if yes, please install back, you can check asus support site for WLAN and Bluetooth driver via win 8.1, othes drivers you need install at win 8 then upgrate to win 8.1 (i think no need to install again).

littletyran
Level 7
Hi All

Thank you for your reply
I just got this laptop for 4 days and doesn't install any hardware in
now I try to re-install drivers for all device
hope it's work

Thx

Maxter
Level 9
Make sure the drivers from support.asus.com that you install match the operating system you have installed (Win 8 or Win 8.1), or else you'll have issues.

littletyran
Level 7
Here is my device Manager in safe mode
I can't find any driver for Generic PnP Monitor
I think it' must on windows right?

Maxter
Level 9
So weird... what do you see under "Display Adapters"? Is the GTX 700 series installed correctly? This seems like you have a secondary monitor connected but it's not recognizing it. If you right click into properties and go to the far right tab and look for the Hardware ID option on the drop down menu, what do you see?

littletyran
Level 7
Hi

follow your instruction here is my display adapter

and my Hardware ID
and I also check the hidden device I got 2 Monitor???

and the here is whocrash analyses of the last BOSD I got about 10 minute ago

On Wed 20/11/2013 5:48:08 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: pxgx112.sys (PXGX112+0x1321)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000047, 0xFFFFF8038CD63BF4, 0xF, 0xFFFFE00004EA34B0)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pxgx112.sys
product: Hid gaming driver
company:
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: pxgx112.sys ( ).
Google query: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Thx for all your help