cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Formula VI Bios 1002 - now missing from asus update site??

mcurtis
Level 7
So this weekend i went to support on asus and downloaded the latest bios, which was 1002 - 10/30/13. There were a total of 5 total bioses and the 1002 updated system stability. Flashed it and it shows the latests bios. Great.

I went and checked today on the same support site and noticed they are down to only 3 bios and the latest is 9/6/13 and version 0804.

My question is... what happened to 1002 and do i need to put my bios on an earlier version? I also noticed the 0903 is gone as well.

Thoughts?
48 REPLIES 48

dsp
Level 7
if you look under win x64 its still there
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_FORMULA/#support

i want to know whats better or changed in this bios
having terrible audio issues with the realtek true spdiff and dts (cuts off for half a second every few minutes randomly)

hmm.. i dont see it. if you look here it only shows bios 3 - http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&s=45&m=MAXIMUS+VI+FORMULA&os=&hashedid=Dbn0i1...

That is strange of your audio issue. I am using the spdif with on board sounds and having no issues. What bios version are you on?

i am using onboard right now thats what giving me troubles
just played bf3 for 30 minutes and sound stuttering all over the place (sound)
watching movies or listening music gives the same problems
i can also see it on the receiver when it happens (if the sound gets cut off the receiver is showing that is is getting a new signal)

gonna flash the 1002 i a few minutes see if it helps
or maybe some suggestions from your site ?

tried all the drivers out there system is running stock 😞

Wild. If you played bf4, i would say there are sound issues still, with sound cutting out. I didn't have that issue in bf3, but then again this is a new rig and i haven't loaded up bf3 on this one. Doing a little research i found this link: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?36160-Maximus-VI-Formula-sound-issues

I am sure you found that link already.. but if not.. i hope it helps! Finally got my 4770k stable when playing bf4.

dsp
Level 7
i am using 0804
wich one are you using ?
ideed strange behavior i have driving me nuts till i have my pci riser cable
because i have watercooled my system the soundcard is not fitting :S
and putting the soundcard in the 3rd red slot breaks my sli :S (should have gotten the rampage or the gigabyte lol)

Version 1002 - i have my watercooled as well, with a push/pull fan setup up top. I thought u were using the onboard sound.

thanks for the link
but its not the problem i am having right now
i was playing bf3 but it happens in all scenario's playing mp3's watching movies etc.
the sound is just gone for half a second and flips back on sometimes nothing for 10 to 20 minutes and then it just cuts off and is back on

what was your problem with the 4770k ?
i can get mine to 4.4 stable @ 1.23V

mcurtis
Level 7
Ok, lots of suggestions in there. Faulty board perhaps? I had issues with AI 3 and wifi gogo in the view history in windows 8.1, causing red screens. Unistalled that stuff and seeemed to fix those issues. Then i was running 4.4, but kept red screen but in the log showed blue screen. Turned it down to 4.3 and kept my ram at 2400mhz and solid now. I will work at the voltage more.. right now just want make sure i'm stable.

dsp
Level 7
hmm weird wanted to dl the latest bios but get a file not found :S