Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Yeah not sure what is going on with it..

ROG Enthusiast Array

Look again last night and didnt see 0903 or the 1002 bios anymore. I was hoping Raja or someone from Asus would chime in here.

ROG Member Array

Had same file not found, and today the two most recent bios are gone. THought maybe a new one was coming that evening, but it looks like theyve removed two most recents. Do I go back to the most recent bios available or stay where i am? oh the dilemma! LOL. Hopefully a new super sweet bios is on its way and theyve pulled them two in favour of a new one.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi Foggy.. i see you are in the same boat. Yeah the 9003 and 1002 are both missing for some reason. I am running the 1002 currently with no issues as that was suppose to add some stability fixes. I am currently sitting tight and waiting for someone from ASUS to chime in on these bios updates. I am hoping they are in the works to come out with that super sweet bios you speak of that will allow a 4770k to oc to 5.5 ghz with 1.25 volts

ROG Member Array

im on 9003 and was about to update. LOL 5.5 1.25v. But im hoping so too. mines a ropey @ 4.5 crazy 1.3volts. Get a day of play then crash. 4.4 seems to be my reasonable limit. 4.6 - 4.7 stable would make me a happy bunny. Probs just silicon lottery though.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I think i still have 1002 on my desktop if you want it. I was doing 4.4 @ 1.250 and 2400 on the ram. It would run the aida64 tests just fine, however when playing bf4.. it would crash out. Dropped it to 4.3 @ 1.250 and 2400 on the ram and it's rock solid. I was really hoping for 4.5.. sigh. The funny thing is my temps are fine (being under water).. so i know i just need to increase the voltage.

ROG Member Array

got a noctua N14 on mine and it can just about deal with 4.5ghz 1.3v but gets a core upto 80c on the odd occassion so I prefer 4.4ghz 1.28v. Noticed it spikes to 1.3 when running 1.28v on occassion anyway, but it can cope with it. 1.3v spikes to 1.32 on occassion which is why it gets so close to the limit. Havent had much of a performance boost till 4.3ghz anyway. Gaming & desktop seem more responsive with less FPS dips @ 3.9 standard than 4.0ghz to 4.2ghz. 4.3ghz seems to be when things speed up for me. Still keeping my 2133mhz RAM @ 1333 till im comfortable with my OC.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sounds good. I will work on mine some and up the voltage for more speed. TBH 4.3 @ 2400 is rocking and i am very happy with it. Couple that with an 840 pro ssd and windows 8.1.... it is stupid fast.

ROG Member Array

Sounds like a quality rig. 840 pro, well jel. I need an SSD soon. Mechanical drives are too slow considering speed of te rest of the components.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yeah i wanted a really good gaming rig, and this fits the bill so far. It is like night and day between an SSD and mechanical drive and you won't be sorry to get one. I will say however, when i first built this rig it by default installed the OS to the 2TB Western Digital Black drive (7200rpm vs 5400rpm) and it was really fast still. It was when i went to look and make sure my drives (SSD and Storage) both showed up and come to find out, the SSD wasn't there. I fixed that and reinstalled the OS on the SSD and it is stupid fast in windows 8.1. I do a reboot and go from desktop back to desktop again in <10 seconds. There are times i want to get in the UEFI (default 3 seconds) and i miss hitting delete or F2 and boom it's on the desktop..... tell me that is rough lol.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast