cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Radar not working :(

JDFind
Level 7
Hi! I am new to this forum and i apologize if i am posting this in the wrong forum section.
I recently bought a Maximus VI Formula MB and yesterday i used sonic radar in GRID 2. It was working perfectly. Now, when i launch any game, sonic radar works (alt + tab to the desktop) but i can't see it in game. I tried rCTRL + Num 0 and but it seems to have no effect. I didn't change any software/ drivers since last time i used it and i don't know what to do. 😞 Do you have any suggestions pls?
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
I seem to recall it was Ctrl + 0 not sure about the numlock part but you maybe correct, I do not use it. What game are you playing?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, JDFind.

Make sure Num Lock is turned on. Without the Num Lock, the 0 wouldn't be a 0. It'd be equivalent to the Insert key.

Nodens
Level 16
If Num Lock is not the issue (it most likely is), are you running any software that produces game overlays? (eg FRAPS, PrecisionX, Afterburner etc etc).
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

JDFind
Level 7
Ok. Firstly, thanks for the advice. Yes, numlock was on and i specifically verified that i type the same combination as the one specified (in the settings section i selected "change shortcut" and typed the same and it was ok). Yes, i used fraps, but after a restart and no fraps i still had the same problem. So i reinstalled my realtek drivers + sonic radar and that was a partial fix. In GRID 2 sonic radar works just fine (again) BUT any key combination i type is not working (it may be interferint with AI Suite 3's WIFI GO application?). In Crysis it does not appear at all. So its like - open GRID 2 i have sonic radar, close, open Crysis - no sonic radar, close, open GRID - there's radar again. What could i do to fix those problems? 😐

Nodens
Level 16
Ok, the shortcut issue can be because something else running in your system is hooking that particular shortcut. Also a particular game may be disabling all external shortcuts. Try changing to another shortcut to troubleshoot.

Regarding the in-game overlay, applications that produce overlays can conflict with one another due to the way they hook into the DirectX libraries in order to produce the Overlay. Other examples of applications that can cause problems are Injectors such as ENBSeries graphics enhacements, SweetFX shader suite, SMAA and FXAA injectors etc etc. Basically anything that hooks into graphic API libraries.

By your description of the issue I'm willing to bet it's one of these two things (or both at the same time):

1) Something interfering with Sonic Radar (Not AI Suite though. Must be something overlay or graphics related).
2) Something in your Windows installation is corrupted (can be anything from drivers to libraries).
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.