cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MVIE 2x GTX 780 SLI Issue

voltboyee
Level 7
Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help me. I have recently bought a whole bunch of new gear in an attempt to make a beastly gaming machine. Here are my system specs.

ASUS Maximus VI Extreme (running firmware 1002)
Intel 4770k (running default speeds at the moment)
Corsair H80i water cooler
32GB Corsair Dominator RAM
2x ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU II OC (SLI bridge)
Corair AX1200i PSU
Windows 8 Pro (with all updates applied)
Latest drivers from ASUS site and latest nVidia drivers installed.

The problem I am having is that when SLI is enabled and I am playing a game, after a while and seemingly at random I get severe slowdown and the sound gets all distorted and screechy. Sometimes after a while it will come right and just carry on as normal. Other times I have to open task manager and close the app (the whole system is running terribly when this is happening). Other times I just have to reboot. I thought it might be heat issues so I reduced the clocks on both cards by 40MHz and it still did it. So far the only solution is to disable SLI. I am using the onboard sound card in 5.1 analog mode.

Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

pennyboy
Level 9
The quickest way to resolve this for sure is to move your 2nd card to slot PCIX8_3 the slot below the black B2 slot. Looks like you are running BIOS 1002, you could try BIOS 0076 otherwise just move your 2nd card out of the Black B2 slot.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a go. I thought I followed the motherboard manual recommendation though. I see you have a pretty similar system to mine. Did you have the same issue?

Hopper64
Level 15
Everyone has the same issue. Here's the ongoing thread:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33859-performance-issue-with-MVIE-PCIe-slot-3(B2).&country=...
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro