cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Laptop re-install. Keyboard defunct. Help! [solved]

Daginni
Level 7
I am currently deployed in Okinawa Japan.

My laptop's Windows 8 program became entirely corrupted to the 'Black Login Screen of Death' the other day when it downloaded a new windows patch. I figured that was the last straw with Windows 8 so I decided to upgrade to Windows 7.

With the help of my fiance over the phone, we went through the steps of fixing my laptop, god bless him and his tech knowledge.

When I finally had Windows 7 fully installed, we realized that hardware programs were missing entirely. Example being I didn't have a my wireless network adapter installed, and we had to flash drive install it so we can get the rest of the programs/updates.

The biggest thing missing is the Keyboard. Windows appears to of installed a basic keyboard seeing as I am able to write this, and that's more than good. But it isnt the ROG keyboard, doesn't have use of the function keys, and it doesn't light up the keys. We searched everywhere online for it, and found a program called "KB_Filter_Win7_64_Z1003" related to the laptop but every time we tried to install, it would provide a error "KB Filter Driver". Any other download links we found lead to now defunct MegaUpload, or were simply 404.

A few other programs are missing. Probably easy to find, but after all the work we did on it last night, we left windows to install a final number of Windows patches and just decided to pass out for the night.

-Ethernet Controller
-SM Bus Controller

Can you guys give us a hand. The keyboard is the biggest thing in our opinion.
3 REPLIES 3

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Be sure to install the "ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities" from the 'utilities' section of the ASUS download site (search your G75VW model) http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax which will show up as the ATK Package under add/remove programs once installed.

If you don't run into any problems using them, you normally want to stick to these ASUS approved drivers for your notebook.

You may need to install additional software for some keys to work like the touchpad disable/enable (Fn+F9) or Power4Gear key.

Hope this helps!

Daginni
Level 7
It works, and the function keys too! Thank you very kindly! My fiance wants to hug you and I am pretty sure I am going to succeed in hugging you! ^_^

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Glad I could help!