Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poco OM View Post
    AMD 9590 and Dom Plats 2133 with a few tweaks would beat all the 8350s current scores.
    Ehh... those are pretty much the same CPUs... you can easily push the 8350 to the 9590 specs and then you will get to the same results...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

That is the common held consensus amongst those who own 8350s, however owning a 9590 I also feel I made the right choice.
    I am sure I would have had to work a lot harder with an 8350 and 1866mhz to get just short of 600, and I would not be convinced I had more in my system without upgrading a component. Yeah you should be able to get close if not equal with a dynamite 8350, but that is not guaranteed in the lottery called silicon. A 9590 is if nothing else a dynamite 8350, yeah it comes at a premium but you know your chip is good for 600 RB points without needing to be one of the best overclockers on this site. Scores speaks volumes and we all love a good benchmark to tickle our taste buds. Personally I think the 9series may even have 700 points in them, not sure even if you could get that with your 8350 set up?

An IMC of 2133mhz versus an IMC of 1866mhz is enough for me, but then I have never owned an 8350, I may get one just to do a comparison, for myself if no one else.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Poco, when you're about RealBench, then more than just the CPU speed matters...

Yes, the CPU speed higher is better, but not sure that the 9590 can actually be OC'd higher than the 8350... at the same cooling will be about the chip lottery...

I would call the 9590 a better CPU if it would have a stronger memory controller or other architectural upgrades in comparison to the 8350...

Potentially both the 8xxx and 9xxx series CPUs have 700 points in them, but as said before both the chip lottery and the system's other components/settings matters a lot...

With your cooling and 2133MHz will be hard to get much above 600, unless you can use very tight timings for the memories...

With my cooling I am surprised I can even run this @ stock, and I could probably get 600 if I really wanted to spend the many hours tweaking those last few points out of this current system. Not sure I could get in front of you without upgrading my 120mm rad or the memory. The fact that I am even competitive with you despite having inadequate cooling and lower memory shows a 9590 does not require the same driving forces as the 8350 would at similar speeds. The CPU is also being limited currently and has not even began to be pushed unlike the memory and its timings and drive settings. I will need to get my cooling sorted before that can be pushed, but it should be clear that @ similar speeds the 9590 performs as good as the best 8350 whilst not even straining.

I reckon with 2133mhz and tweaking them alone you could beat all 8350s even on my current bleak set up. RB as you know loves high frequency low latency memory, and the high scores come from this just as much if not more than the CPU. I am looking at 2400mhz + if the IMC can take it, being rated slightly higher than the 8350 it may just prove invaluable in such synthetic tests, however in the real world it probably means very little.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Jmoorez2001, most of the problems with a PC is located between the keyboard and chair.
    If you get a bad board, then it does not matter what CPU is in it. If you get a bad CPU then it does not matter what board it is in. You are much more likely to get a bad board than a bad CPU. The CHVFZ + an AMD 9590 is a perfect match.
    i agree there as i have the 8350 and overclocked to 5.0 while gameing but every day use i use it at 4.8 to keep temps down but to me the 9590 is a big step in price from it for sure to some it is a hit and a miss to break into the 5.0 area's as i have one other 8350 the wont go into the 5.0 its stuck on 4.8 and refuses to clock any higher but 4.8 is a good margin to stay with i think ........ just my 2 cents worth if any lol

700mhz per core is a big jump imho, and knowing these clock 5ghz at stock easily is another bonus as it require next to none over clocking to get these speeds.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

700mhz per core is a big jump imho, and knowing these clock 5ghz at stock easily is another bonus as it require next to none over clocking to get these speeds.
    very true there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2