cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the ROG OC Panel - A detailed guide for new and experienced users alike

TheMechWarrior
Level 7
All,

Can we please have a sticky on this topic please?
The net has stuff all on this and the unit is supplied with even less information than that!

I played with it yesterday but was not achieving the desired results, a nice step by step guide and even a YouTube would be lovely ASUS.

eg:

Normal Mode OC
1. How does one set up the conditions for OC lvl 1? Are they automatic, if so based on what? Where are the details?
2. How does one set up the conditions for OC lvl 2? Are they automatic, if so based on what? Where are the details?

Extreme Mode OC
3. What is the difference between Apply, Normal and OK when inputing settings?
4. When inputing the CPU multiplier why does it not have any impact - viewed via CPUZID
5. Inputing voltage changes works perfectly fine but some details on typical ranges anduser feedback on what's worked for them would be nice

I'm sure others have more to contribute here but it's a start and I welcome feedback.

Cheers,

Mech.
9 REPLIES 9

Dave6479
Level 7
Yeah, I wouldn't mind some sort of guide on here too. I might actually take it out the bay for a change and give it a go since I mainly use it for monitoring my CPU temp.
I7 4770K @ 4.6GHz, Custom Water Loop
Asus Maximus VI Extreme-Z87, BIOS 1603
EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3, Vulkan 356.43 Skyn3t VBIOS
Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1866MHz, 16GB
Samsung 850 250GB SSD (OS)
Samsung 840 120GB SSD
Corsair GT 120 SSD
Corsair Performance Pro 128 SSD
OCZ Vertex4 120 SSD
PSU EVGA SuperNova 1300W
ASUS Swift PG278Q 144Hz G-Sync
Oculus Rift DK2 + Leap Motion
Windows 10 64-Bit Insider Build 14271

tObber
Level 7
Shamino has a section in his "Maximus VI Extreme Guide" where he is explaining how to use the OC Panel, not sure if it covers everything.

It's a PDF so you know.

http://m6e.weebly.com/

/Cheers

Dave6479
Level 7
Thanks very much for that link, I never knew it was there. Just had a look and It's got quite allot of info in it that I've been wondering about. Nice!
I7 4770K @ 4.6GHz, Custom Water Loop
Asus Maximus VI Extreme-Z87, BIOS 1603
EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3, Vulkan 356.43 Skyn3t VBIOS
Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1866MHz, 16GB
Samsung 850 250GB SSD (OS)
Samsung 840 120GB SSD
Corsair GT 120 SSD
Corsair Performance Pro 128 SSD
OCZ Vertex4 120 SSD
PSU EVGA SuperNova 1300W
ASUS Swift PG278Q 144Hz G-Sync
Oculus Rift DK2 + Leap Motion
Windows 10 64-Bit Insider Build 14271

Malador
Level 8
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know what happened to the aforementioned guide? The Link no longer functions.

Thanks

stackoverflow13
Level 9
I'd like help with this too please if anyone can. Also the sata power connetor on the bottom of the panel is too big for standard sata cables??? how do I connect that (got the usb cable installed fine & it's on). Any help would be greatly appreciated
Asus Maximus XI Formula: i9 9900k @ 5.2 GHz: 2x8GB team group Xtreem Edition @4000Mhz: 2xRTX 2080TI: 1xSamsung 970 Pro, 3xSamsung 860 pro 2TB ssd: Creative Zxr: Custom water cooled loop: 2xAsus PG27UQ 4k @144Hz Gsync.

stackoverflow13 wrote:
I'd like help with this too please if anyone can. Also the sata power connetor on the bottom of the panel is too big for standard sata cables??? how do I connect that (got the usb cable installed fine & it's on). Any help would be greatly appreciated

You only need the power cable if using the fan headers, not sure about extra temp probes (I have OC Panel II from the Extreme VIII ) I only use the USB connector.

stackoverflow13
Level 9
Thanks t0bber, sorry it took a while to get back to you
Asus Maximus XI Formula: i9 9900k @ 5.2 GHz: 2x8GB team group Xtreem Edition @4000Mhz: 2xRTX 2080TI: 1xSamsung 970 Pro, 3xSamsung 860 pro 2TB ssd: Creative Zxr: Custom water cooled loop: 2xAsus PG27UQ 4k @144Hz Gsync.

stenio12
Level 7
Hey again guys! i got another question and would love a good answer biggrin.gif this board is very complicated compared to my old boards, kay here it goes. How can i overclock my Pcie bus frequency ?? i don't even see anything in bios for it and would i need to increase certain voltages ?? and where /

Id like not to increase the cpu frequency in the same time pls.. just the Pcie frequency from 100 mhz to 130 mhz ??