cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750 SDD caddy

Asus_Man
Level 7
Hello ! I am planning to buy an Asus G750JH which only has one hard drive, and we all know that the laptop has 2 hdd slots. I want to buy my own ssd and install it after I receive the notebook. My question is does the laptop already have the caddy for securing my second hard drive in the bay ?
11 REPLIES 11

villiansv
Level 11
Pretty sure it has it, make sure you check the inside of the box the laptop comes in for a taped nylon bag with the necessary screws.

Source - posts I've seen around here. My JX came with 2 drives, so this isn't personal experience.

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think it is having.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Yes, all of the G750s have the secondary storage drive cage installed, regardless of the drive configuration. Keep in mind that the G750JH already has two mSATA SSDs installed (could vary depending on the exact model/retailer you purchase from) as well, so there is no cage/caddy for that bay.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

eojlin
Level 7
SSDs vary in thickness: 6.8mm, 7mm, 9.5mm, and etc. Will any of these drives fit snugly with the packaged storage drive cage or SSD caddy?

eojlin wrote:
SSDs vary in thickness: 6.8mm, 7mm, 9.5mm, and etc. Will any of these drives fit snugly with the packaged storage drive cage or SSD caddy?

I just installed a 9.5mm thick SSD. I guess 9.5mm is the maximum for a good (perfect) fit.

eojlin wrote:
I just installed a 9.5mm thick SSD. I guess 9.5mm is the maximum for a good (perfect) fit.

Ty for the info ! It's good to know !

Dave9292
Level 7
so, if you buy the Asus G750JX-T4070H which only has one HDD installed, there is no way of upgrading to a second HDD or SSD because there is no tray?

Dave9292 wrote:
so, if you buy the Asus G750JX-T4070H which only has one HDD installed, there is no way of upgrading to a second HDD or SSD because there is no tray?

There is a caddy in the second bay plus the HDD screws are in a plastic zip bag taped to the box. Everything is there to upgrade to a second hard drive.
G752VY-DH72

chosenfew777
Level 7
Thanx, y'all!
I recently installed an 840 EVO SSD in my G750JM. Yes, I upgraded the firmware and ran restoration software. Used Backtracker on a usb stick to clean install Windoze 8.1 to new SSD in old HDD bay. Getting ready to install orig. HDD in 2nd bay. I didn't know the screws for mounting the HDD to the 2nd tray (factory installed) were in the &^#@! box.
Ques:
Can I just install the HDD in 2nd bay with Windoze still on it and just delete windowsfrom it after bootiing from SSD? I don't want a dual boot. I just want the data (pics, mp3's,etc..) on the drive to stay on the drive.
Or, can I do something similar with sata III-to-usb cable and connect it to the pc after bootup into windows on SSD, then selectively delete files from HDD (i.e. Windows,etc...)?