cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus X79 Deluxe Overclocking

ecruet
Level 7
Hi All-
I'm having a bit of a problem with overclocking my motherboard. I have an the new Asus X79-Deluxe along with the Core I7 4960X processor, as well as 32 gigs of DDR2666. All work great and I'm able to get an overclock of 4.65ghz. have VCore down to about 3.76-3.8. VCCSA is at about 4.4v. My issue is related to all the power saving modes this motherboard/chip offer. It seems that when I overclock, even if it's a minor overclock, that I loose any power saving features. Voltage and Processor don't throttle down at all. Processor and voltage remain constant. I've check my power settings, they're all active, except for turbo. I even change them from AUTO to ENABLE, all with no results.... Can anyone suggest how to get my power saving features enabled with an overclock.

My settings are pretty much set by my using XMP for the memory, which bumps up my BLCK to 125 from 100, and sets the memory at DDR2666. As I said, PC is working fine with these settings, except for the non-function power saving features...

Can someone provide me with some guidance.... I've even tried using the Offset Mode for VCORE (though I find it a bit perplexing) to see if that would help with power saving features, all to no avail!!

Thanks
Emmett
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you go have a look in your power plan in OS and see if set to performance, set to default. And list all your hardware, plus how you actually OC'd your system.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ecruet
Level 7
My setting are set to powersave mode. When all mobo settings are at default, all power saving functions work perfectly.

My hardware consist of:
Asus X79-Deluxe, Intel Core i7 4960X,
G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2666 (PC3 21300) Memory Model F3-2666C11Q-32GTXD
eVGA nVidia Titan
Samsung 840Pro SSD
Various HDD (mostly western digital)
Corsair 1200Watt power supply

As I've stated, computer overclocks beautifully, except for losing all power saving features

At default setting (100 blck, no overclocking cpu) power savings are present and functioning. Even a basic overclock, done from the EZ Setting in the bios, by applying XMP memory settings will affect the power saving features.

Thanks for your help!

HiVizMan
Level 40
I do not use the EZ overclocking feature so not able to help you there. I prefer to manually set things.

What kind of OC are you looking for? It is very easy to set the OC manually and no setting XMP should not prevent your system from using the power saving settings that are built in from Intel.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.