cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS FORMULA VI back armor question

lishmac
Level 7
Hi

I recently get my Maximus Formula VI, but the back ROG armor has conflict with my case's motherboard tray, so I decide to use without the back armor. But when I take out the back armor and find that there are two strips between the board and the armor, is that for cooling uses? is that OK to use the board without the back armor?

I'm using a corsair 750D, Thanks.30013
8 REPLIES 8

mcurtis
Level 7
That is weird. I have the Asus maximus vi formula and the Corsair 750d case. The screw towards the bottom of the backplate was a little "short". I just pushed down a little harder and it worked fine, once the threads caught. With the front and back armor there is a lot of support so you will be fine. I like the built in mobo screwdowns on the case, so you dont have to use those brass risers. My suggestion is keep the back armor on and it will all fit.. although its not as easy as it should be.

mcurtis wrote:
That is weird. I have the Asus maximus vi formula and the Corsair 750d case. The screw towards the bottom of the backplate was a little "short". I just pushed down a little harder and it worked fine, once the threads caught. With the front and back armor there is a lot of support so you will be fine. I like the built in mobo screwdowns on the case, so you dont have to use those brass risers. My suggestion is keep the back armor on and it will all fit.. although its not as easy as it should be.

I dont want to push the board hard to bend it, do you use the original screw with the case or you use some longer ones?

KILLER_K
Level 10
You're not going to hurt anything by pressing down on it. The board may have a slight/tweak bend to it. Pushing down and screwing it to the standoff will fix the issue. Use the standard standoff mount screws.

Mounting it with standoff will fix the mounting, but will this cause the motherboard not matching the IO cut out on the back of the case?
KILLER_K wrote:
You're not going to hurt anything by pressing down on it. The board may have a slight/tweak bend to it. Pushing down and screwing it to the standoff will fix the issue. Use the standard standoff mount screws.

KILLER_K
Level 10
The i/o cut out should work fine. You put the one in from the motherboard box right? Could you post a picture on your issue to make it more clearer?

HiVizMan
Level 40
You can run your board without the back armour no worries, you are using a motherboard tray with offset mounts so there will be airflow.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

mcurtis
Level 7
You can keep the armor on, as i have the same setup. The one screw that was a little more difficuilt was near the bottom of the I/O panel, and it seemed the screw is a little short as it doesn't fit in their perfectly. Just press down and get the threads to catch and just screw it down. Worse case scenario, just dont put a screw in that hole if you don't feel confortable pressing a little harder to get the screw to catch.

Will this cause further issues? like graphic card cannot fit the position perfectly since the motherboard does not fit perfectly?

mcurtis wrote:
You can keep the armor on, as i have the same setup. The one screw that was a little more difficuilt was near the bottom of the I/O panel, and it seemed the screw is a little short as it doesn't fit in their perfectly. Just press down and get the threads to catch and just screw it down. Worse case scenario, just dont put a screw in that hole if you don't feel confortable pressing a little harder to get the screw to catch.