cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus vi hero dead?? please help

lute97halo
Level 7
Hey, i recently purchased a ROG maximus vi hero and i think it might have died. im not too sure because i still get pcie power and the start and reset led light up but the lighting around the supreme fx doesnt light up. when i try to power up, the fans twitch a little bit but nothing else does anything. can you tell if this is a power supply failure or a motherboard failure. also the LED debug doesnt light up. recently changed the bios overclock to 4.2 ghz. couple days later during web browsing the system just turned off like a cord was unplugged.Could someone please help with this
6 REPLIES 6

lute97halo
Level 7
parts list:
cpu i5 4670k
cooler: nzxt respire t40
ram: crucial ballistix 8gb 1600mhz cas latency 8
gpu ASUS GTX 770
drives:samsug 840 evo 120gb, western digital 1tb caviar black 7200 rpm
power supply. evga NEX 650 G
case corsair 750D

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Please confirm that you have the 8 pin power cable connected to the motherboard.

i have made sure that it is connected and i even switched the cable on the power supply sockets because it is modular

kkn
Level 14
My vote is on the psu.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you cleared CMOS to reset the board? But yes, if you have power issues it would be good to test the PSU in another computer or another PSU with this one if you are able....

HiVizMan
Level 40
How did you switch the cable on the PSU? Modular or not there should only be one EPS CPU 12v cable.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.