Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

cooling choices

just an update to show the effects of changing fans. Using the two stock corsair fans that come with the h110 provides adequate cooling if they have an unobstructed air intake. And when outside the case they dont go over 1000 rpm (pretty quiet) When i put the 25 micron air filter over them, the temps go 10 degrees higher and the board cranks them up to 1465 rpm-definitely louder. Switching to the Noctua NF-A14 in a push - pull config brings the temps down although the rpms stay at 1300.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.6ghzcorsairx2.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	30341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.6ghznoctuax4.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	30342

I disconnected the two noctua's that were pulling and you could see the temps climb up. When there is inflow restriction, the static pressure really suffers. But having a dust free case is worth it to me. I dont even get that fine talc dust that I used to get when i used panty hose as an air filter.

Interestingly, I tried installing the AI3 software. Kinda cute with all the nice pictures. I guess it would look real nice as a high school project or some kind of presentation with powerpoint slides. But in real life, it's useless. Fan expert even screwed me over because the temps were not being controlled as well as the native bios managed fan control. And when i removed ai3, i continued to have multiple blue screens the minute i started ibt. I even ran the AI3 remover under HiViz man's sig. What a mess i had. Just went to system restore and now I'm back to normal.

Still trying to figure out the oc panel-there is a button just beneath the top left one that cycles between three settings-ROG, OC1, and OC2. havent got a clue what that does or what parameters I'm fiddling with or how to set them. Anyway, this board seems to do everything all by itself, just set the multi, set the LLc, set the offset and you're done. Since the oc panel doesnt allow changing the offset, you have to go into the bios anyway. And that bios button that boots direct into the bios, why did it take 20 years for someone to figure that out. Shamino's parting gift I suppose.
    Intel 3770K 4.4ghz, 1.24v. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Intel 4930k 4.7ghz 1.37v
    32 gGSkill DR3Trident 2400mhz 1.65v. . . .32 g 1866 Vengeance Pro
    ASUS M5G. Noctua D14. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . H110. Noctua A14x4
    prime95 stable 78degrees. . . . . . . . . . . . . IBT 75 degrees
    OCZ V4 OS. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . EVO 1TB
    Seasonic 700w. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1200AX
    All tucked into Lian Li A05. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Fractal Midiv2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2