cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between G750JW-DB71 from Best buy and Amazon

AshernFive
Level 7
Hello. I'm considering buying the G750JW-DB71, and I was originally going to order it online from Amazon, and then I figured I could just go pick it up from Best Buy to cut out the shipping time. But shortly after, I noticed that the Best Buy version doesn't qualify for the 1-year accidental damage protection plan, while the one from Amazon does.

So I'm just trying to see, are there any other things that Best Buy have done differently from elsewhere? And where would be the best place to purchase it, comparing the wait time (Amazon) to no extra warranty (Best Buy). Also, is the one from Best Buy not supported in the same way? (I'm mainly concerned with if I go to Best Buy, will there be any differences between ordering from somewhere else)
5 REPLIES 5

Zygomorphic
Level 17
Welcome to the forums, @AshernFive! Mostly, the BestBuy version removes things like the accidental damage protection, as well as sometimes skimping on the RAM or screen resolution. You would have to check individual specs to know exactly. However, they are still supported by ASUS in the same way. From that concern, you can rest easy, ASUS will honor the warranty from either place.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

AshernFive
Level 7
Thanks! And ah alright, I see. So if the specs on the laptop are the same at Best Buy compared to Amazon (including ram and screen type), nothing will be skimped inside the box from Best Buy? I guess I can overlook the extra warranty in that case.

best buy version doesn't come with the 35 gig cloud storage instead you get the basic 10 asus gives also instead of 12 gigs its 8 gigs but some versions dont have 1080 dsiplay they are 1600x900 you have to check it the best buy version is 1080p. and instead of 2 years accidental you get 1 year only.

SHADO
Level 9
All the hardware specs on all of the G750JW-DB71's you find will be EXACTLY the same, whether from Best Buy, Amazon, or Newegg, because the model # (DB71) is exactly the same (hence the reason for a model number in the first place). But as the others have stated, the free cloud storage and warranty may differ. 🙂
ASUS G75VW
i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz
GTX 660M (2GB)
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
1TB HDD
2TB HDD
Blu-ray Writer (Pana. UJ-260)

AshernFive
Level 7
That's reassuring, thanks.