cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a halo 2 server

Nate152
Hi guys, I know halo 2 is an old game but I still like to play it. I have been playing it since 2007. I am a very good player, I don't use hacks or cheats or even a controller with aim assist. I got banned from the main servers for no reason. They are dedicated servers run by actual people instead of peer to peer hosting. I was just wondering if anyone here would know how to set up some servers on halo 2 so I can play it again. It is a real shame they ban you for being a good player. Please can someone help? I will even allow remote assistance. Thank You.
7 REPLIES 7

abvolt
Level 11
I have never played halo 2 or any other in the series, But I have setup & owned cod 1,2, world at war,battlefield 2, Moh, quake wars, ET, wolfenstein 09, crysis 2,3, L4D2. My gaming clan site uberforces dot com died, clan all but left. I have understanding how to do that. Are you going to buy the server ? Do you already have a website for your members or clan ? if so I'll be happy to join & help out.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

Nate152
No, I don't have a clan or anything. The dedicated server software is on the game dvd. As I understand all I need to do is install it on another computer which I have. I don't know how to do it though, I have looked online and found a thing or two on it but it was just 10 year olds telling you how to do it. I want to set up about ten game rooms If you know how to do it and can help me abvolt that would be great !

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Nate152, I'm a Halo Junkie myself but not to discourage you, you have two Major Difficulties ahead. First you'll need an Actual Server ie: a machine with windows Server 2003 or better running and the knowledge to keep it going correctly. and second major problem is Microshaft in their Infantile March to cut out every option and force you to use Microsoft Store and XBox only turned off the Servers for Games For Windows and now you can't even install Halo2 anymore. Don't let me be the bearer of bad news...Look it up! it's been all over the net for about 6months now. Even 2KGames had to strike a deal with Steam and port all of the Keys to Steam! because of Microshafts Garbage!

Unless you play Halo on XBox your basically screwed. Sorry for this info if it's the first time you have seen it....Also you probably wasn't banned for you Clean Play but because Microsoft was trying to Kill the PC Game and they have been doing that Actively for the last 2years now. I've known sever people that were banned for no reason at all and a couple of them was force to PS systems because even their XBox accounts were locked up. One person in particular, Purchased an Xbox for the first time and purchased a Year Gold Membership and tried to play Halo 3 Reach and two days later she was told that she was Cheating and her Account was banned....Sorry but this lady couldn't ever have cheated because she couldn't even hardly use the Controller much less play the game, she was 73years old in a Rest Home!

Before anyone starts to promote or yell about anything in this post the Old Lady was my Aunt! And everyone here knows I have a Sever Hatred of Microshafts Policies.

Nate152
Well I don't know where you got your information from but I installed halo 2 about a month ago and people are still running dedicated servers and I will be running them too as soon as someone helps me set some up. This is for PC not xbox.

abvolt
Level 11
So you gong to host this game from home and not a dedicated server , That should be easy to do there are many examples online I'll try to find the easiest way to do this if you like.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |

yes I want to host from home. If you could help me out on this abvolt that would be great. I see there are 2 ways to set up servers either by LAN or Live, Just let me know what all I need. I have another computer to set the games up on. Thanks !

abvolt
Level 11
Here's 2 tutorials for you to take a look at. http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=65330 and here http://halo.bungie.net/projects/halopc/content.aspx?link=halopc_dedserver

Also check out the attachment t's a readme