cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75vw black screen but with screen lit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laks94
Level 7
Im typin from my phone so dont expect this to be very long. Basically I woke up this morning. Pressed the startup button, the rog logo shows up, then it goes away to transition to the next screen of startup like usual, except this time it doesnt. It just stays blank. Not black like other comps of this brand have where the screen isnt lit but you can still hear the windows login screen chime. I dont even have that. It just stays like this blank, black screen. Ive had this issue once before, it randomly fixed itself. The last thing that happened before i last shut it off was that the charger was being really weird. It wouldnt charge my laptop, so my laptop died. Then 20 minutes later i found the green light working on the charger which was chargin my comp so i decided to get back on. Ive been at this all day searchin online and cant find anything to help
5 REPLIES 5

Laks94
Level 7
Update: After intensive research I cant figure out if something is wrong with windows bootup manager or my operating system. I use windows 7. The two bootup managers are windows boot manager po:st9750420as and p2-hl-dt-st dvdram. The only two things i have access to are the bootup options when i press esc at the rog logo or f2 at the rog logo which brings me to the blue screen with options for boot, security, advanced, etc.

13fist
Level 10
it could be something like error checking on a hdd or the like. I know that will cause it to act the way you are describing until the operation completes. Also possible you interrupted an update install during the boot cycle and it's trying to recover.
Try turning it on and just being patient. if nothing happens in an hour, At this point I'd try to run windows startup repair.

Laks94
Level 7
Thanks im tryin that right now. Im hoping if I go to startup repair, that it actually is able to load it. Currently it wont even loadup startup repair automatically 😛

Laks94
Level 7
It didnt work. I dont have a startup repair disc either ;( how do i make one tho

13fist
Level 10
You should be able to boot to your win7 disc. Here are some easy instructions.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/win7-windows-7-mbr,10036.html