ROG Enthusiast Array

G750JX Battery Replacement

Is it possible to get an extra battery once the one that was provided gets weak with itme ?!
    LIke after a period of 5 years ?
    Since the battery is kinda laptop specific . will it be possible to obtain replacement parts like the battery from asus later in a country like India ?!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

so youre asking if we know if you can buy a battery in 5 years time?
    i have an acer laptop that is 5 years old and i can still buy a battery on ebay for it (i am on my 3rd one now)
    so i would guess yes. 'guess' being the important word.
    in 5 years time this will be just another old slow lappy, only good for facebook and browsing.
    dont buy a spare battery now though as chances are that it will be no good in 5 years time anyway
    but dont bring up this thread in 5 years time blaming me that you cant buy a battery...
    Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
    1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
    free bag and mouse
    win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by gazzacbr View Post
    so youre asking if we know if you can buy a battery in 5 years time?
    i have an acer laptop that is 5 years old and i can still buy a battery on ebay for it (i am on my 3rd one now)
    so i would guess yes. 'guess' being the important word.
    in 5 years time this will be just another old slow lappy, only good for facebook and browsing.
    dont buy a spare battery now though as chances are that it will be no good in 5 years time anyway
    but dont bring up this thread in 5 years time blaming me that you cant buy a battery...

Old Slow Lappy in 5 years ?
    Nah I dont think so .. I have a 3.5 year old Lenovo Z series with i3 , GT 310M something i dont exactly remember , 4Gigs of ram .. I still play black ops 2 on medium , most wanted 2012 on medium and mw 3 on pretty good settings as well .... it manages to play bf4 on low as well !
    So the ROG being a much powerful machine i think it will be able to do more than just facebook in 5 years ... Atleast handle those games on Low or Med or at a Reduced Resolution ?
    What do you say ?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Flea0's Avatar

heh, I'd be quite interested in a dummy battery cover.
    ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Flea0 View Post
    heh, I'd be quite interested in a dummy battery cover.
    Dummy Battery Cover ?! o.O

until I find a way to keep the battery from charging above a certain level when it's plugged in, I keep it stored at 50% charge to prolong it's life. the downside is that I have the battery compartment and it's contacts exposed while I use it, so a battery cover would have been nice, at least for aesthetics. If you do know a software that might work feel free to let me know.
    ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Flea0 View Post
    until I find a way to keep the battery from charging above a certain level when it's plugged in, I keep it stored at 50% charge to prolong it's life. the downside is that I have the battery compartment and it's contacts exposed while I use it, so a battery cover would have been nice, at least for aesthetics. If you do know a software that might work feel free to let me know.

Lenovo Energy Management Utility has that feature ! Charging it to a certain level and not till 100% for better battery life . Not sure if it can be used with any laptop !

So you use it on AC and remove the battery at home ? I was planning to do that as well while gaming .. since high temperatures tend to degrade the battery as well ..
    Yeah a cover would be great !! How much do you think a replacement battery would cost ? Is it expensive for this laptop ?

yeah, I use it on AC exclusively when I'm at home. Replacement batteries are always VERY expensive, and with a short search it seems the G750's are on the expensive side as well. I found prices between 100 and 160 euros.

So you can understand why I'm trying to make the original battery last as long as possible..