cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Stuck on boot

mizusawa
Level 7
Hi,
I got this PC just a couple of week and here what has happended.
It was working fine then while I was running EVE online it got stuck on a black screen. I shut it down holdin the power button, waited a few secs and turned it on again. What got was the openig screen with the logo ROG but it was all pixelate with red dots/lines and it would get stuck on it. After another reset, window 8 asked if I wanted to restore to a previows configuration that I did just but got stuck again. Half an hour later I turned it on again and it went normally to windows so I was going to update the bios and drivers but 5min late it got stuck again same situation. Anyone can give me an advice? Can it be hardware? I wanted to solve this myself cause I also use this PC for work so I did not want to stay without it.
Thanks!!
1 REPLY 1

Apexing
Level 9
would it be possible for you to get into the windows log, see if there is any obvious errors in there.?
or can you boot into safemode? can you hook it up to an external monitor, see if it gets the same pixel errors?
Try taking out the battery and the powercord. keep the power button down for 10 or so sec, then leave it alone for 5 min, hook up the battery and try to boot only from battery.

It could be a dying harddrive.
error in the GPU.
Since you got it some weeks ago, I would say get it replaced at the spot you bought it from.