cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addicted to Hardware more than gaming?

John_Smith
Level 7
Whats up y'all. Just curious if anybody here gets overwhelmed with the hardware bug only to leave out games as a secondary thought..

You know how it is. We go back and forth from our BIOSes, tweak our GPU's then benchmark the **** out of our systems only to play a game like Crysis 3 for 15mins, pat ourselves on our backs and then rinse and repeat the whole process all over again lol.

I know I'm guilty of that and sometimes I just got to tell myself " Dude, just play the ****ing game already! It looks 2x as good as what the Xone or PS4 will ever be able to pull off!"

What do you guys think? Any thoughts?
156 REPLIES 156

HiVizMan
Level 40
Stands up in a crowded meeting and greets the others sitting around in a circle.

Hello my name is Hivizman and I am a hardware hoarder.

All chorus: "Hello Hivizman"

Yeah I know what you mean. 😄
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Zygomorphic
Level 17
I use my G53SX (upgraded in September 2011 to 16 GB and 2nd HDD) with GTX560M and i7-2630QM to play Quake III a couple times a month, if that frequently. LOL. I'm another problem child. I have a habit...
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Chino
Level 15

abvolt
Level 11
I am definitely guilty of doing the same and loving it...
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

chrsplmr
Level 18
If my wallet matched my hunger, I'd need a warehouse .. of course you would have to make your way through all the cars and
gym equipment to get to the rows of benches .. et. How do you like the waterfall in the corner ?
Just because it doesn't exist doesn't mean I don't go there. Game ? Why yes it is.c.

Poco_OM
Level 10
I have said it once and I will say it again, Republic of Overclockers and Gamers, note the priority order :P.
As pointed out, the cost is harsh on many of us regardless of our level of passion.
Maybe when everyone else realises that ROG is the best and wants this in their system too, our parts will be cheaper?

welshy46
Level 7
Total PC bits bill this month= £1362 +p&p. Problem, what problem. I can handle it. Just one more ssd, that's all I need. I can quit anytime.
Board: MVIF
CPU: intel core i7 4770k@4.8GHz
GPU: R9 290x
RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengence 2133MHz
SSD: ROG RAIDR 240gb PCI-e SSD
Case: Coolermaster HAF xb
Cooling: custom water loop
Monitor: Asus PB278Q

My build log photo dump

welshy46 wrote:
I can handle it. Just one more ssd, that's all I need. I can quit anytime.

A power greater than ourselves can restore us to sanity. LOL

John_Smith
Level 7
Hehe, I thought I shared this addiction with others.... at least its not crack right!? *sweating feverishly*. To me, as long as I'm not buying pc hardware on credit (or that I can pay off in less then a month) then I don't see a problem but I am guilty of buying hardware on my CC in the passed only to finally be debt free again..... But at least its not crack! Right guys!?
*sweating profusely while shaking*