Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 780Ti DC2 Release date?

1stcowgirl
Level 7
someone said i should post this here.

GTX 780Ti DC2 Release date?

anyone got any idia about the release date of the GTX 780Ti DC2?
iv already heard that (here on ROG) that this card will surface soon.
so .. anyone knows? (maybe someone from asus?)
ºi7-4790k, ºZ97-A, º4x4GB Ripjaws X 1600mhz, ºASUS GTX 780Ti OC [DC2OC] ºCorsair GS700, ºCM 690 IIIº LG E2241T ºWin 7 Ulti' SP1 x64
23 REPLIES 23

X-ROG
Level 15
Soon 🙂

I'm waiting as well! When is my GTX 780Ti DC2OC out?

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Soon 🙂

Hey, you can't say that without paying royalties to Valve. 😄

Vlada011
Level 10
ASUS prepare only DirectCU GTX780Ti or we will se some nicer cooler style???
Similar as Mars 760...or some Republic of Gamers Ti.

JackNaylorPE
Level 10
http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/asus_rog_poseidon_geforce_gtx_graphics_card_has_hybrid_cooler.html
October 26 Build
MoBo:Max VI Formula
RAM:16GB Mushkin DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28
GFX:2x Asus GTX780 DCII
HD: 2x Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
SSD:2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
PSU:Seasonic X-1250
Case:Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Monitor:Asus VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz
Optical:Asus BR Burner
KB: Logitech G19s
Mouse:RoG GX950
Fan Con.: Six Eyes
Cooling:420+280 Alphacool Rads, 35x2 Pump, EK CPU/ GPU Blocks, Acrylic Tubes w/ BP Fit

Does anyone have an update on the Asus GTX 780 TI Direct CU II OC release date?
Soon as in days, weeks or months? I'm itching to finish my build and only need the GPU 😉

Before Christmas I hope? Need Asus GTX 780 TI Direct CU II OC please

Toms' Hardware

Quote;

A while ago, Asus came out with its GTX 770 ROG Poseidon. It seems that it was a success, because as a result, Asus is sketching a new Poseidon cooler. The Poseidon graphics cards from Asus can be cooled by air as well as by liquid. By themselves, they feature enough cooling power to be cooled solely by air, though they have threads for water cooling fittings that enable you to slap some extra cooling power on them for some over-the-top overclocking.

The new Poseidon cooler is advertised to feature two 'dust-proof' fans, as well as an LED ROG logo. They are expected to first be featured on the company's GTX 780 Ti card which would also feature an extra powerful VRM circuit.

There was no word on pricing or a release date.

Asus are a bit late in the game on this one. Many non reference 780 TI's are out now, nothing from Asus yet. I'd buy the Evga 780 TI ACX SC (which seems like a beast) but I've read the Direct CU2 (DC2) are really quiet which is important for me.

I wish Asus communicated with their customers like Evga does but I suppose they're too big for that 😉

I guess I'll wait until end of December then decide.

EDIT: Does anyone know of a forum where the Asus staff are gracious enough to communicate with the community (like the Evga product manager does on various forums)? I tried posting on the vip.asus.com forum and it craps out (display the my post page with no posts, no errors).
(I'm not dissing rog.asus.com forum here at all, it's a great forum! 🙂 )