cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi gets disconnected ( connection unavailable or limited ) all the time

psychosocial81
Level 7
Hello everyone,

Bought my asus rog g750jx about a week ago, love it so far but one persistent problem I cant seem to be able to fix.

When I connect to wifi, my laptop gets disconnected within a minute or as soon as I try to access internet. Called asus support who made me reset and unplug my router, and even do a complete reinstall, so far nothing works.

I did notice that the problem seems to be only at certain places, at work, it connects no problem and works fine, at certain other place like unfortunately my home, it disconnects all the time.

Someone told me it was a router problem, and that I need to assign and reserve an ip address to my laptop, just dont know how or where to go for that, I have a dlink dir-615 router.

Wondering if any of you guys had that problem? and what fixed it, at this point I just feel discouraged, paid nearly 2k for a laptop that cant stay connected 😞

Thanks for your help!
12 REPLIES 12

psychosocial81
Level 7
Thanks ill try it out tonight and give feedback 🙂

Actually, just a quick question, seeing it works elsewhere just fine, would I need to actually look for a specific configuration in my router? Or I do try these steps up anyway?

psychosocial81 wrote:
Actually, just a quick question, seeing it works elsewhere just fine, would I need to actually look for a specific configuration in my router? Or I do try these steps up anyway?

It likely is a router setting... perhaps DHCP?

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

I thought as well, any pointers on what I could try with it? I know how to acess the router and everything, but when it comes to programing more than wireless and security I get a bit lost, just dont want to mess up the thing lol.

found that online : http://support.dlink.ca/emulators/wbr2310/lan.htm

Does that ressembles something I could try out?

psychosocial81 wrote:
found that online : http://support.dlink.ca/emulators/wbr2310/lan.htm

Does that ressembles something I could try out?

Yeah, that's a good tool! Don't worry too much about playing with the settings; as a last ditch effort, you should have a restore defaults option. Be sure to have MAC filtering disabled and your settings for IP addresses and a DNS server are set to "dynamic" (unless you need them set to static). It's not a bad idea to check for a firmware upgrade too. 🙂

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

I am having the same problem.

For the first month or so everything worked perfect. Then about 3 weeks ago it would randomly drop the connection. If I disconnected and reconnected it would start back up and work fine for quite a while.

After a week or so it would drop the connection several times in a row. Disconnect/reconnect several times and it would usually work again.

More lately it has stopped connecting automatically when I start the laptop. I have to actually select connect. I check the "connect automatically" but it does not remember it. I was watching a stream on Twitch.tv and the stream was running fine but I could not connect to another webpage, youtube videos would not load etc. I found that one really weird.

I have tried everything in this thread as well as others. Nothing seems to help. Every thing I tried seemed to work for a bit (a few minutes sometimes) then it would just go back to disconnecting.

It is very random. Sometimes I will be able to get it back up with a single disconnect/reconnect and it will be fine for hours but lately it has needed several tries to get it back up and it just dumps again a minute later. What seems to help it the best is to right click on the connection and select "forget this connection" then set it up again. After I do that it reconnects on the first try.

Sometimes it will lose connection 5-6 times in a row. This is getting to be quite aggravating.

Is there anything that somebody can suggest?

Thank you.

Well I tried all the above options, worked the other day while playing a game for at least 30 mins, connections were good etc.

Trying to relog tonight and had to reset my router to actually be able to access internet, then the whole thing drops again. Asus told me to send my laptop to them, Im just not sure if the problem comes from a faulty wireless card or a ****ty router lol.

What has me wondering is it does that at certain places, while at others it works just fine.. really confused

Anyway I could test out something that would and could prevent me from sending my laptop for nothing?