cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 Clock keeps stopping

bhorv67
Level 8
After about an hour of up time, the clock in Windows 7 stops running. If I resync from internet time, the clock will run for another hour or so at the correct time, after another hour, it will stop again.

Reading some posts on the MS forums related to this issue, it was brought up that the bios may have some settings that may be causing this.

I'm using:

Asus Z87-a, I believe the latest firmware
i5-4670k OC stable @ 4.3/1.34v
GTX660
8G 1333 DDR3 ram
1tb WD 7600
Win7 latest updates

Any idea what's going on?

Appreciate the help.
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?36676-Frozen-Time-Clock-in-UEFI-The-Fix&country=&status=

Give that a go.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks, but the UEFI clock is not frozen. From what I can tell every time I go into the UEFI, the clock is set correctly, and running ok. It's when the system is booted into Win7 that after some time, 10-15 min, the clock will stop in Windows.
I will try this fix and report back. BTW, I'm running bios version 1504. I didn't update to the latest as there didn't seem to be anything worthwhile in the latest release.

Having checked this after I update the bios to 1602, the UEFI clock is stopped. So I will try your suggestion.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah right so it is an OS issue and not a hardware/firmware issue.

Right thank you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good mate please do report back how it goes. 🙂

Did the reset and the UEFI clock is now running fine. Clock in Win7 ok as well. Thanks for the help!

HiVizMan
Level 40
No worries pleased ROG forum could help.