New ROGer Array

G55 suspended after that gives the "Reboot and Select proper boot device" error?!

Hello ROG people!

This is what happened: My G55 was on suspended state (yes, I've been reading the forums and now I know you should never suspend the lappy...) and I turned it on again. My web browser was already open and I started to surf the web when I noticed that the whole screen kind of froze and the machine restarted itself straight to BIOS.

After that it started to give me "Reboot and Select proper boot device" error when trying to boot up Windows. Then I checked the BIOS settings and the machine detected the HD, but it wasn't recognized in the BIOS boot options at all. Only my DVD-drive was there. Now I'm trying to read the HD (Seagate Momentus 750gb) from another Windows machine and it looks like the drive and the partitions are there, but Windows can't read them.

Anybody know what has happened? After the suspension my HD started to act this way... My G55 is about year old and the HD hasn't made any noises or anything suspicious before. Only thing that hasn't worked very well is the optical drive that doesn't want to read all DVD-movies... Any tips what to try before sending out to Asus? Would like to get some pics out of the drive... Thanks!

New ROGer Array

Suspended = in hibernation

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

I would try a repair install and see if that could repair your boot sector
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array GottiBoi55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    I would try a repair install and see if that could repair your boot sector

I second that, sounds like your in need of a start up repair (boot sector)
    GottiBoi55
    Asus
    G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
    Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
    Samsung
    24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
    SanDisk
    M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
    Second Monitor: Shar
    p Aquos 32"

New ROGer Array

unplug power code and battery, also unplug HDD for a while, maybe 2-5 min, then plug again and into BIOS to see BIOS are able to detect HDD, if not, also you can try update BIOS, if still help, you shoule send service center to check it.

New ROGer Array

Did the unplugging of power and HDD but didn't help. It's hard to imagine that the HD would be broken because it hasn't made any noise nor give any signals and it's about year old. I've been doing lot's of file copying with it though... Do you know if the Intel AES-NI or the Anti-theft technology would prevent me to see the drive on other Windows Machines? I had them Enabled in Bios. Also updated the BIOS, didn't help either... Linux at least sees the disk and the partitions. Wouldn't want to send it to Service Center now...