Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampage IV Extreme + Core i7-4820K --> debug code 00 and red cpu led

cey_yav
Level 7
Motherboard model: Asus Rampage IV Extreme

UEFI Version: 3602

CPU: Core i7-4820K

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: G.SKILL Trident X DDR3-2400Mhz CL10 32GB (4x8GB)

GPU: Asus GeForce gtx 670

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: Kingston SV300S37A/240G 240Gb 2.5" SSD

PSU: Consair AX860i

USB Devices (model/version number):

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212

PC CASE: Consair 600T

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no? NO

Drivers Installed (include version): NO

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: NO

System Overclocked (provide details)? NO Clue yet

Issue

Hi All,

I purchased my matherboard (rampage IV extreme) and psu (Core i7-4820K) one week ago. Since then I am trying to make them work all together but no luck so far. I have read many forum problems which seems to be similar and from these fix suggestions (also from mother board spec), I become sure that I definetely need to update my BIOS from 3602 to latest version 4503.

Then I used the guide below and complete the BIOS update:
http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

Things I tried so far:
- USB BIOS Flashback to latest BIOS version which is 4503 --> Not Helped
- USB BIOS Flashback to any other release which is 4403 --> Not Helped

At both case, after the update, error code stayed at 00 and CPU led stay red. No Boot at BIOS nor any display.

Any idea from anyone ?

I will be glad if you can help me on this,
thanks in advance,
50 REPLIES 50

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, cey_yav.

I'll need you to locate a long and thin sticker that contains a barcode and a bunch of numbers. Will need you to post the last 4 digits here for me.

Hi Chino , it was 3602.

Ah, nevermind you posted while I was typing.

Can you please take a high res picture of the CPU socket pins and post it here?

You also check the socket yourself for bent pins. But if you post us a photo of the socket we can help as well.

EDIT: I can also not see clearly if the EATX12V 8pin or 4pin are connected.

EDIT2: One last note powering it like that without a cooler is not a good idea.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
When you haveupdated from 3602 to the other BIOS did the BIOS lights flash for up to and over a full minute? i.e. did the flash look successful?

Have you tried removing the CPU and checking the socket for bent pins?

Seen too many threads like this recently....some have been bad CPUs some bad boards. If you have access to another CPU or board it might be worth testing either with other compatible hardware just to make sure they are working....

assuming BIOS flash is going well...

Also, for now, use only one stick of RAM in the red slot right of the CPU....

Hi Arne,
BIOS orange led flashed for at least 2 min then become solid orange light which seemed to be a successful install.
I have re-placed the CPU more than 3 times and checked the 24 pin and 8 pin for any misplacement.

I have no access to a new CPU nor another motherboard to check them but If I could not get any result from the forum advices, I am going to go with the asus service or any other computer service that can help me on that.

I also attached 2 pics where may be you can catch something from.

cey_yav wrote:
BIOS orange led flashed for at least 2 min then become solid orange light which seemed to be a successful install.

yeah, that certainly sounds right...and your troubleshooting in general....is the PSU a known good one...if there's no power to ATX 8 pin this can be the result...do you have another PSU just for elimination purposes.

The RAM should work in that slot although the recommended is D1...same difference...

Last thing, as Nodens said.... you need a cooler mounted and fan plugged to CPU fan header right?

EDIT: that consant speed flash doesn't sound quite right to me either...

Nodens
Level 16
cey_yav, when you flashed with USB Flashback method. Did the led blink only 4 times? Or did it blink for about a minute going faster and faster all the time?
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Hi Nodens,

Not just 4 times but it blinked more than a minute (I guess 2 min or so).
It just blinked with steady speed. It did not get any faster nor change the speed.

Nodens
Level 16
When the flash is going on normally it should increase blinking speed as it proceeds. Perhaps the flashing failed after all. But do check for bent pins before we go any further.

RealBench Developer.