cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Vi Extreme - OC Panel problem

BlackGallardo
Level 7
Hi Guys,

I received my Maximus VI Extreme for 1 1/2 month ago.
Because my PC is completely watercooled i decided to connect the 9 PWM fans of my 3 external radiatiors to
the OC Panel fan pins. Now we come to the Problem.
I want to regulate the radiator fans via OC Panel, but when i try to use the silent/standard/Turbo mode, all fans
doesn't seem to slow down or speed up. All the time the fans run at full speed, it doesn't matter which of the 3 fan modes
i choose. So i tried to connect only 1 PWM fan or 1 normal 3 pin fan, but it's the same problem. I checked all cable connections, sata power and oc panel data cable is correctly plugged in.

I called ASUS and RMA'd the OC Panel, now yesterday i became a new OC Panel, but there is still the same problem.
I called ASUS again and they advised me to hard reset the mainboard and plug off all other usb and sata cables to
test it again. So i plugged all drives and usb devices out and reset the mainboard.

The PC boot up normal and the OC Panel show me some informations like CPU temperature, BCLK frequency, CPU core ratio, but i can't regulate the fans with the OC Panel.

I don't know what's the Problem.
Can anyone please help me, maybe i do something wrong.
19 REPLIES 19

BlackGallardo
Level 7
Nobody has an idea?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Sorry mate not that many people seem to use the OC panel in the way you want to. I only use it for OC my system when benching on LN2.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

BlackGallardo
Level 7
Hi HiVizMa,
can you please connect a pwm or 3pin fan to your OC Panel to check if the fanspeed is changing when you select the silent/standard/turbo mode?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Will do mate but only when I get home later today.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

BlackGallardo
Level 7
Thanks. Maybe it will help me a lot.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hey quick update.

No change with 3 pin. Change with 4 pin fans.

BlackGallardo
Level 7
Ok thanks for your help mate.
Which PWM fan do u use?

HiVizMan
Level 40
For the test I pulled some Noctua NF-P12 PWM out.

Raja
Level 13
Just so nobody wastes their time on this one.OC Panel fan headers are non-controllable. They run at full-speed.

I requested control feature during development but it was dismissed for adding too much complexity to the FW/hardware - would need a revision and development time which often screws a lot of things, so it' cant be added and I doubt it will be in the future. The justification for the non-control was that the headers were added for Ln2 users who want to add some form of cooling/extraction fans for benching.

The fan control feature of the panel ties back to the MB headers only.