cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My god, it's done. No going back...

Hyper_Droid
Level 8
That's it guys, I've done it, there's no going back....

What am I trying to say?

Well...

*gulps*

I bought the PC!

Price? ------------------> Over 4.000 Dollars.

There's no going back.

To those who saw my previous posts about the ask for advice, thank you for the support!

Here are the specifications (Approx. Prices) (PLEASE Reduce Screen Size to 100%) :

Motherboard

ASUS Maximus VI Formula (280 eur.)

CPU

Intel Core i7-4770K (300 eur.)

CPU Cooler

Corsair H100i (38 eur.)

RAM

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB (DDR3 1600Mhz) (180 eur.)

Video Card

(2x) Sapphire R9 290 in Crossfire 2x4GB (700 eur.)

System Drive

Corsair Force Series GS 240GB Solid State Drive (190 eur.)

Storage Drive

Western Digital 2TB Black (7200rpm, 64MB cache) (160 eur.)

Optical Drive

ASUS DVD-RW (30 eur.)

Case

Corsair Obsidian 800D (320 eur.)

Power Supply

SilverStone 1200 Watts (230 eur.)

EPIC EXTRAS:

Mouse

Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T .3

Keyboard

Corsair Vengeance K70 Full Mechanical

Headset

Razer Chimaera Wireless Headset

Screens

3x BenQ 2450hm 24" LED

The PC will be expected to arrive in Bundles. One in 3 days,1 in one week, and 1 on the 17th December!

I will soon post the links to where I got them! 😉

Once again, a HUGE thank you to those who helped me make this beast possible!

Special Thanks to: Arne Saknussemm, Nodens & HiVizMan! 🙂

Let me know your thoughts about it!

Yours Dearly,

Matthew.
Maximus VI Formula I Intel I7 4770K I Corsair Vengeance 16Gb @1600Mhz I 240 GB Corsair Force GS Series SSD I WD Caviar Black 2TB I Corsair H100i I Seasonic 1250w I Corsair Obsidian 800D I 2x Sapphire R9 290s (2x4GB) in Crossfire I 3x BenQ 2450hm 24" in Eyefinity I Razer Chimaera Headset I Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. Mouse I Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard

Youtube: HyperDroids // Instagram: @latesttech4all
48 REPLIES 48

chrsplmr
Level 18
Great Glee and Joy for You friend ...
:)x(15) & :(x(1- Vengence Memory-I'm just not a fan.)
Best of Luck ... Please keep us 'posted'. .c.

EnthusiastBuild
Level 12
Looks really nice mate, congratulations on your build :cool:
CORSAIR 900D
ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA
INTEL I7 4770K @ 4.5 GHZ
CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB @ 2400MHZ
SLI EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
SSD SYSTEM: CORSAIR FORCE GT 120GB
SSD APPS: CORSAIR FORCE GT 240 GB
HDD STORAGE: WD BLACK 2TB
CORSAIR AX860I PSU
CORSAIR H100I 4 x SP120 HP

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, nice....gonna be a small ripple in the space/time fabric when you switch it on! 😉

HiVizMan
Level 40
Good for you and welcome to the land of ROG
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hyper_Droid
Level 8
Chris, I'm glad you liked most of my build.. But why not the RAM, I hope to God it will not set me back, will it? I was pleased it got so many likes up until then. Best give a reason so I can cancel the order of the RAM before it's too late... And lastly, if you do not recommend it, then please recommend another that costs about the same price, 170 Euro.

You know, not trying to be critical, I just want everything to be perfect!

Glad you pointed it out before it was to late!

Yours dearly,

Matthew.
Maximus VI Formula I Intel I7 4770K I Corsair Vengeance 16Gb @1600Mhz I 240 GB Corsair Force GS Series SSD I WD Caviar Black 2TB I Corsair H100i I Seasonic 1250w I Corsair Obsidian 800D I 2x Sapphire R9 290s (2x4GB) in Crossfire I 3x BenQ 2450hm 24" in Eyefinity I Razer Chimaera Headset I Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. Mouse I Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard

Hyper Droid wrote:

RAM
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB (DDR3 1600Mhz) (180 eur.)

Hyper Droid wrote:
Chris, I'm glad you liked most of my build.. But why not the RAM, I hope to God it will not set me back, will it? I was pleased it got so many likes up until then. Best give a reason so I can cancel the order of the RAM before it's too late... And lastly, if you do not recommend it, then please recommend another that costs about the same price, 170 Euro.

1600MHz doesn't do justice to such a high end build. Not to mention that it's overpriced at 180€.

The TridentX is the best memory you can ever acquire for a Maximus VI motherboard, performance wise and aesthetic wise. Here's a nice G.Skill Trident X DDR3 2400 PC3-19200 16GB 2x8GB CL10 kit that goes for a mere 156€.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Vengeance is not a problem on that platform I don't think (it has a dodgy reputation on X79) but Chino's recommend is way better and faster for less cash! So, yeah I would take chrs advice and go with Chino's find myself....

Hyper_Droid
Level 8
Holy moly!! Why didn't anyone mention this before I bought the parts? Damn, it will be awkward giving it back... I hope it still hasn't been shipped! If it hasn't, then according to Amazon, I am entitled to a refund...

GIVE ME LUCK GUYS!

Thanks for the mentioning of the TridentX!

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hehe you didn't ask 😄 Well, there is nothing really wrong with that RAM and nothing really wrong with that frequency especially for gaming. Faster RAM for gaming will not really show much real world benefit....of course for benchmarking etc. it will show a difference and at the end of the day I reckon the Trident X stuff will be be better. Returns to Amazon.... easy-peasy.