Level 14
release mid desember'ish
mabye in stores next year?

article from swedclockers

http://m.sweclockers.com/artikel/17962 <- in swedish
12 REPLIES 12

Zka17
Level 16
That would be awesome! Specially if Asus would go with the Ti...

Poco_OM
Level 10
I hope they do it with the TI.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Am I the only one who raises an eyebrow at this card. Jack of all trades master of none....

Dedicated watercooling will be better. Dedicated air cooling will be better if you don't run the water through it.....

Don't get it...

*switches off brain*

Oh wait, that card's amazing!!

Shawnnepc
Level 13
I guess ROG Boreas or Ymir didn't sound as cool 😛
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

JackNaylorPE
Level 10
http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/asus_rog_poseidon_geforce_gtx_graphics_card_has_hybrid_cooler.html

You guys probably can remember something developed under codename Poseidon a while ago. Well, that now expands and leaves the gossip arena as ASUS offers a sneak peek of a liquid cooled GeForce GTX 780 Ti which will be part of the Republic of Gamers lineup and will feature a DIGI+ VRM, highly-durable Black Metallic Capacitors and the DirectCU H20 cooler which combines air and liquid cooling to allow for better performance and quieter operation.

DirectCU H20 packs two dust-proof fans, three heatpipes, a large heatsink and a water block. Based on the prototype card showcased by ASUS earlier this year we can assume the ROG Poseidon will have three working modes - air only, liquid only and combined (air and liquid). There's no information just yet on clock frequencies, price tag and or a release date.

Figures.... I wait 6 dang months for it to happen, ask over and over again for some indication .... finally give up and buy two 780's w/ EK FVWBs .... and a week after I do the build they come out w/ the danged things

I wasn't convinced it was bad or good .... a decent WB w/ it's own rad and fans doesn't have to be bad .... I see 39-40C GPU temps in my loop w/ twin DCIIs.....wouldn't change anything if they were 50. Tho at this point I'm kinda hoping it bombs so as to spare me a case of buyers remorse 🙂

Tho from the look of the pics...., I'm guessing it's a small block

Price will be important tho..... still wish they'd sell the danged think sand air cooler or in a form like the Hydro-copper.....sell in bulk to EK, FrozenCPU whatever ..... hate buying a card w/ a $100 air cooler only to take the danged thing off.
October 26 Build
MoBo:Max VI Formula
RAM:16GB Mushkin DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28
GFX:2x Asus GTX780 DCII
HD: 2x Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
SSD:2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
PSU:Seasonic X-1250
Case:Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Monitor:Asus VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz
Optical:Asus BR Burner
KB: Logitech G19s
Mouse:RoG GX950
Fan Con.: Six Eyes
Cooling:420+280 Alphacool Rads, 35x2 Pump, EK CPU/ GPU Blocks, Acrylic Tubes w/ BP Fit

Zka17
Level 16
I actually thing that a hybrid air/water cooling would be better on a graphics card than on a mobo... even if the water cools only the GPU and the fans are taking care of the memories and VRMs this card should perform better than any other conventional air only cooler...

don't care about 780 or 780ti but please get this out in something that needs it a R9 290x

X-ROG
Level 15
It's not a Ti sorry. Videocardz decided it wanted to make up news and no one checked the actual facts with us. 😞

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
It's not a Ti sorry. Videocardz decided it wanted to make up news and no one checked the actual facts with us. 😞

Its not a Ti huh? Well, this will be hard. Two in SLI or wait for gtx880. Also I hope the card does not cost that much because the MARS is a bit overpriced. Two 760 DCU2 cost $500. The MARS cost $600-$650.

Since the Poseidon it is not a full block and part air cooled it really shouldn't go above $600.
Cruel Angel
------------------------------

CPU: i7 4770k 4.7Ghz 1.425v
MB: Maximus VI Formula
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400Mhz OC) 16GB
GPU: Reference GTX 560Ti ( GTX 880 Coming Soon!)
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Mouse: MLG Sensei
KeyBoard: Corsair K70 RED
Monitor: BENQ XL2420T

Custom Water Cooling