cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G73JH-A1 Restore DVDs Question

StormzWarrior
Level 7
I got this Asus G73JH-A1 a year ago this month and I immediately made the Restore DVDs. It took three DVDs to create the restore and I have restored this laptop before and it worked fine. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm restoring this laptop to stock because I'm considering selling it this week and I go through the three DVDs and now it is asking for DVD-4 with file AsusRdvd.003?!? I believe that I have made the Recovery DVDs twice and both times it only took 3 DVDs. What happened? If all else fails, did anyone have more than 3 DVDs created during the DVD Creation and if so can they somehow upload #4 for me? Thank you very much in Advance. GOD Bless.

Ron "StormzWarrior"
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
As far as I know you should not need the discs for a factory restore, only a restore including your drivers & applications. You should be able to use the F9 option to restore from the hidden partition.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

StormzWarrior
Level 7
You are absolutely right in most cases. However, I had done a fresh install with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and that is why I made the restore DVDs. I went home during lunch and found a different set of ASUS Restore DVDs and there is a 4th one in this set. I guess my memory is failing me in my newfound old age of 40. LOL! Apparently, the other set was from the G72GX I had right before this one. Thankz and GOD Bless.

Ron "StormzWarrior"